De-chroming My A3, Cost?

Henda

Reaction score
Hi all

Been contemplating for a while on whether to de-chrome my A3 saloon myself or get or professional to do it.

i have had a few quotes around the £200 mark from different companies. I just wanted to ask people who have had it done whether this is a decent quote or expensive and also for people who have done it themselves was it hard?

If that quote is for de chroming the grille, window surrounds and badges then id make sure you get some sort of warranty as that sounds ridiculously cheap, to do it properly everything will have to be stripped off so id expect to be around double that £200 quote.

I bought the proper black badges. The company said that would be the best way. So its just for the grill and window surrounds.

grill has been done and badges fitted but due to work pattern haven’t been back for the window surrounds yet.

If that quote is for de chroming the grille, window surrounds and badges then id make sure you get some sort of warranty as that sounds ridiculously cheap, to do it properly everything will have to be stripped off so id expect to be around double that £200 quote.

Actually the window surrounds are not necessarily removed - the S3 8V I bought had been black wrapped, and the window surrounds were easy to peel off. I think perhaps the grille slats had been removed prior to wrapping, but definitely not the grille surround, as again I easily peeled it off.

Actually the window surrounds are not necessarily removed - the S3 8V I bought had been black wrapped, and the window surrounds were easy to peel off. I think perhaps the grille slats had been removed prior to wrapping, but definitely not the grille surround, as again I easily peeled it off.
I was referring to it being painted not wrapped

Buy 3-4 cans of black plasti dip and some nice tape plus some off the plastic cover that has applied masking tape on it so you can use it to mask big parts of the car. Alcohol ipa for degreasing and cleaning and you do it easy. Open doors and do the chrome inside as well. You need 2-3 cans but get 4 just to make sure. If you re interested I can talk you trough or answer to questions. A