De chrome S4

Keeperlit

Reaction score
Thinking of wrapping chrome on front grill, window surrounds and roof rails in matt black, but concerned it will cheapen the car, would welcome thoughts and opinions. Cheers Leigh

Thanks Taz, I think I'll give it a go. I didn't like the black styling pack as I wanted the signature s chrome mirrors and I like some of the other detail on the rear diffuser etc so didn't want to black everything out. I'm just going to try the roof rails, window surrounds and front grill. I guess if I don't like it I can take it off!

Just my opinion but I would think just chrome mirror caps may look odd, the rear diffuser detail would be ok, I'm going out shortly or would photoshop your pic, might have a play later.

I thought about doing this too but I'm a bit worried the roof bars for my bike will rip the wrap when I put them on.

I tried with the photo, the roof bars I couldn't get to look right, I think you are right about the bike rack, I would think it would damage the wrap.

It's booked in for next week, pics to follow! Yea I'd say you would need to be ultra careful with the roof bars but once secured they should be fine. Go for a thicker grade of wrap

Reactions: RichardMMM
Got the window surrounds and front grill wrapped today, really like the look with the mythos black. Can't upload a photo for some reason!

I think the pics need to be less than 2mb or they fail, looking forward to seeing the results ...

It would be great to see pictures. Did you decide to leave the roof rails chrome? And door handles?

Hi @Keeperlit - where did you get that done? I'm in NI too so would be good to know where does this type of thing locally. Looking forward to seeing some pics. How much was it if you dont mind disclosing??

I got 3 prices, wait for it........400, 200 and 80. Went for the 80 option by a guy in Bangor that does all Charles hurst work

Reactions: GaryP
Bet you're glad you got some quotes! What do you think of the end result and quality? Stopped off at Belfast Audi on way home from airport tonight, couple of gorgeous RS6's in the used forecourt. #dreaming

Hi Keeperlit, what's the name of the place in Bangor? Really like the look of that!!!

That looks really good! Is there any chance you could do a close up of the rear window trim? It's the biggest bit of metal in the lower corner - I'm interested to see how flat it sits against the trim.

Can you tell that it's been wrapped when you look really close up? Or from the inside of the car when the window is down?

Cheers!

Reactions: Scottishaudi
Thank you! That’s exactly what I’m thinking of. Particularly the window trim and grille.

Hi. Would also like to see close ups. You said you got the grill done but no pic for it. What rims are you running. They’re gorgeous