De Cat, You're experience, B6 A4 1.8t

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
Well I've ran a 1.8t for 10 years in a Vw Passat guise and had de catted it just before it was moved on. Now it was approaching 190,000 miles but still went well, after the de cat there was a useful increase in torque, revability and mpg but the one thing that ruined it was the smell. A strong petrol smell and quite nippy on the eyes. I had an 02 spacer on the rear sensor and the CEL never ever came on.

My question is would this be down to the mileage or maybe a blocked PCV system. I'd just like to hear from those of you who've de catted you're cars and your experience.

Having moved on to a B6 A4 1.8t Quattro I feel this would give it a useful torque increase. The car is in standard trim other than the fact that I've port matched the exhaust manifold and I've also recently opened up the exhaust turbine side as well, it has made an improvement but I think the de cat would be the icing on the cake. I know it could be remapped but the funds aren't forthcoming, thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi Mate,

Im getting mine done soon and actually cant wait along with a full 2.5'' custom exhaust. Ive practically shared my pals 1.8T A3 which had a full on ko4 upgrade, de-cat, FMIC..the works and definitely...the cabin was always smelling of fuel. From Experience and from lots of mates accounts, I do think this is the norm however maybe its best to take it to a good good mapper to see if he can sort out the air/fuel mix which could be the reason.

Decats work really good but don't use a choke on your lamba prob .. Get the lamba probes wrote out of your software

Thanks for the replies but as stated, no funds for remap. I'll leave it as it is.....for now.

Reactions: DrStrange
As i said works fine,no CEL just loads more power ,smoother running etc.