De cat/ Sports cat

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Alright everyone! hope everyone had a good xmas and is looking forward to the new year! Right ive just had a milltek exhaust fitted on my car, and now im after a de cat or sports cat before i get it remapped any ideas? prices? any info on what people have got on their cars!

I ve got a 210bhp model (2000)

Cheers everyone!

Not really worth it on a remapped S3. The cats only really become a restriction when you're pushing over 330bhp. If you have a 2000 S3, then I think you have the two lambda sensors, so decatting will give you an engine warning light that will need continual resetting. Niether decatting or sports cats will give you much in the way of power.

I have the Miltek 200cell sports cats. They cost about £850, and I lost 6bhp :(

Induction kits and exhausts don't do much for these engines, other than give it a better noise :). The standard items seem to be well made and not that restrictive. If you go for an induction kit, make sure you go for one with a cold air feed. Otherwise you'll be sucking up hot engine air and losing power.

As for stage 2, it depends on what you mean by that. An AMD Stage 2 is a remap and an exhaust.

well ive already got a milltek cat back exhaust had it fitted on friday! was looking at getting the bmc or cda inductyion kits with cold air feed! how do you rate these? think revo stage 2 works with exhaust and induction kit! :confused:

cheers

The BMC is great, makes a brilliant noise especially if you uprate the DV. Again, you won't get any noticable power increase but the noise makes up for it. I had one and really miss it.

If you're going for a Revo, it might be worth spending a little extra and getting the SPS3.