Daytona Grey with extended high gloss styling package. Any pics....anyone?

OzzyRS3

Reaction score
Hi All,

A BIG G'DAY to all of you from Australia.

I love the forum by the way and since ordering my RS3 have been addicted to everything RS3 that the internet has to offer!

I don't think there is a YOUTUBE video on the 2016 RS3 that I have not watched in the last 2 weeks! I am pretty certain that I have contracted the RS3 virus. Caught it during a test drive of an RS3 two weeks ago and can't seem to shake it!

So here is my story.

Because I need a car pretty quickly for work, I had the Audi dealer look up all the 2016 "landed" Daytona Grey cars available in the country. I found the RS3 that I wanted with all of the specs that I was after.......you beauty. But because I was trying to haggle with the dealer on price and told him I would take the night to think about it, when we looked back on the computer system the next day it was gone! Went to a dealer in another state.......******! My bad. Live and learn.

Anyway so the RS3 specs below was the best "landed in country" Daytona Grey Sportback available at the time when I was looking for a RS3. The only thing missing from the order that I really wanted was the factory fitted roof rails. I just think the roof rails IMHO make it look ****** awesome. I wouldn't have opted for the Audi assistance package but this RS3 ticked all of my other boxes. My only concern when making the order was whether the high gloss styling package with the matt titanium finish wheels would look ok.

So I began trawling the internet looking for a RS3 that looked just like the one I ordered but have not been able to find one.

Now I am sure once I pick the vehicle up and press that start button and drive down the road listening to that five pot rumble coming out of the sports exhaust, the last thing on my mind will be......"do you think the matt titanium wheels and high gloss pack look ok"!!!!!

I guess like everyone on here when you order the car you just want to see what it looks like with all of the goodies that you have ordered on it.

So I am desperate for any pics of a Daytona Gray with extended high gloss, matt titanium wheels and the black wing mirrors. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

As soon as I pick up the beast......which fingers crossed is in the next couple of weeks......I will obviously post some pics of mine up on here.

Sorry for the long winded post. But I am a little excited about getting into one of these awesome machines.

My RS3 order:

1. RS performance package 1
- 19" alloy wheels in 5-arm rotor design matt titanium finish,
- Audi magnetic ride,
- Bang & Olufsen sound system,
- Inlays in carbon
- RS design brake callipers - Red

2. RS design package
- Armrests in black mono. pur with contrasting stitching in red
- Knee pads on side of centre console in black Alcantara with contrasting stitching in red
- Air vent turbine blades in red
- Seat belts in black with red edge
- Floor mats in black with RS3 logo and contrasting stitching in red

3. Assistance package
- Adaptive cruise control
- Audi pre sense
- Audi active lane assist
- High beam assistant

4. Extended black high gloss styling package
- Singleframe, air inlet duct, front blade, side air inlet ducts, trim strips on the side windows and rear diffuser side frames/ horizontal strut in high gloss black
- Exterior mirror housing in high gloss black

5. Panoramic sunroof
6. Privacy glass
7. Tinted front driver and passenger windows

Reactions: Terminator x
Wait a couple of weeks and I will post mine - it is Nardo with the black package, but imo, Audi did not go far enough with the black. So I am finishing the job for them - badges, door handles shark fin and roof rails all in gloss. Wheels will be black gloss 'turbine' type (not racy but a hang over like from my Mercedes days) - ready to bolt on but waiting for a kit to change out rear discs for RS7s.

Like your find, mine did not have roof rails. It has now! Despite what has been said it is not a difficult job, barring the 4 hours to drop the headlining... See my post in the 8V section, or I can take you through it on a separate thread if you want.

Reactions: OzzyRS3
Wait a couple of weeks and I will post mine - it is Nardo with the black package, but imo, Audi did not go far enough with the black. So I am finishing the job for them - badges, door handles shark fin and roof rails all in gloss. Wheels will be black gloss 'turbine' type (not racy but a hang over like from my Mercedes days) - ready to bolt on but waiting for a kit to change out rear discs for RS7s.

Like your find, mine did not have roof rails. It has now! Despite what has been said it is not a difficult job, barring the 4 hours to drop the headlining... See my post in the 8V section, or I can take you through it on a separate thread if you want.

Hal I really like the Nardo colour. Especially matched with the high gloss. Like you agree Audi have not gone far enough with the high gloss styling. I cannot wait to see how your machine looks once you complete the mods. I wil be stealing a few of those high gloss mod ideas methinks.

The installation of the roof rails maybe on the cards. I will definitely defer to your experience if I go down that path.

I am installing the B16 suspension tweaked and hardened.

In two days I will show you the Daytona with black gloss package and matt rotor wheels.

Regards

G'day Ozzy,
Congrats on the purchase. Looks like you got this fully optioned :sign wow:
I don't think there is any other option to select apart from the roof rails lol.. I am yet to see an rs3 in Aus with every option ticked but yours is pretty damn close.

I too wanted the rood rails when I bought my car but I couldn't find one with the specs I wanted. Drilling holes in the roof to retrofit them put me off.

Daytona grey is a nice colour and easy to keep clean :)

Cheers

Hey Seanix......LOL.....you are right this Daytona I have ordered is fully loaded. I should stop whinging about the roof rails and just build a bridge and get over it. The one I missed out on was fully loaded, roof rails included but had the aluminium style pack on it which I think looks pretty damn good.
Yeah I don't think I am too keen to start drilling holes into my roof to fit roof rails.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Seanix
Eureka!

The only difference is mine has the matte style wheels and no roof rails!

I like the black high gloss Audi emblems on this one as well.

Cannot wait to pick up mine now.

10012730ff84d6d260d147263a9702da.jpg

f6ffbdad90ea5f0cc8ebc5e2bd5b70e5.jpg

54e4c3f695b22beb14e6c017451adbf4.jpg

Reactions: RS3 S. and Beebee-one