Daytona Grey is a proper ******* to wash

E

Evil Diesel

I spent 2 hours today ******* around washing the car - as soon as it gets wet the grime vanishes on Daytona - what a total ******* to clean. And don't get me started on the black optics pack at the back - details there that are impossible to get to.

Also, I thought I got to the back of the diffuser but clearly not - next time I am going to have to be flat out on my back to do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: daytonamart
Thought police! The missing word is *******!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but you can't knock a good idea so let me have a go in the local rough pub.

Glad I got Glacier this time.

ec0c9a013520d891d6a61c2f92cf87c4.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
I spent 2 hours today f*cking around washing the car - as soon as it gets wet the grime vanishes on Daytona - what a total ******* to clean. And don't get me started on the black optics pack at the back - details there that are impossible to get to.

Also, I thought I got to the back of the diffuser but clearly not - next time I am going to have to be flat out on my back to do the job.

No picture of your efforts then.....?

Too knackered by the end of it. It did look really good after it dried out and I went back on all of the areas I missed. Lots of feedback by passers by as well which is always nice.

Reactions: T-800
I though it was the easy color to maintain, but it's also dificult to wash... lot of hases...

Yep that rear diffuser is a ****** alright. Will be giving it the full beans this spring to fully detail and ceramic coat the 3. Will make maintenance washing a lot more easier and quicker.

I have a coat of CarPro CQuarz Reserve and mantain with labocosmetica perfecta, It's a lot better, but strange reflections, hazes, micro parts, joins, etc.... makes dificult to have perfect finish.

The RS3 is a lot difficult tan previous Merc; also brake dust is insane!

Regards.

Those hazes you talk of are probably due to either rotator polisher hazes from the pads and it hasn’t been refined correctly or the cqautz as not been buffed off correctly. Coated my TTS with this stuff after a two stage correction and probably went through 5suede applicator cloths and at least 10 new microfibre towels to buff off that were then fit for the bin afterwards.

Those hazes you talk of are probably due to either rotator polisher hazes from the pads and it hasn’t been refined correctly or the cqautz as not been buffed off correctly. Coated my TTS with this stuff after a two stage correction and probably went through 5suede applicator cloths and at least 10 new microfibre towels to buff off that were then fit for the bin afterwards.

I think it's because I don't remove correctly the perfecta; will try with ECH2O QuickDetail to see if it's easy.

Thanks!

I think it's because I don't remove correctly the perfecta; will try with ECH2O QuickDetail to see if it's easy.

Thanks!
Believe you and me mate I’m no expert novice at best, but one thing I did learn when doing mine was you need correct lighting to check your work and re check it, the beauty of cqautz is that you have time to work with it but if it was crystal serum you would need to repolish that section again to remove it.

After panther black & estoril blue cars ... one of the reasons I went for floret silver !

Absolutely brilliant to clean and stay keeping clean.

Black & dark blue were a pain in the **** too with the slightest drop of rain undoing all your hard work.

Both looked amazing clean - but just don't stay that way for long.

I'm surprised daytona grey is that bad though.

Reactions: D0C and DW81
All the grime disappears as soon as it gets wet.......

As it dries out the little bits missed then stand out.

Complaining about cleaning your car... come on there must be other things you can spend your time doing... maybe even more cleaning!? haha

A couple of photos from this morning -

Attachments

• rsz_20180108_095032_002.jpg
    rsz_20180108_095032_002.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 347
  • 20180108_095146 (002).jpg
    20180108_095146 (002).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 369
2 minutes after taking those the road was flooded & covered with **** - it now looks like it did before I washed it.......

I feel your frustration mate. The crap on winter roads here in the U.K. great for keeping your car clean:tearsofjoy:. A good prewash like auto finesse citrus power to eat the first layer of grim seems to be a popular choice, bought some so will review. Snow foaming two bucket method iron and tar removers and a good wash mit all help. If you live in a hard water area like me race glaze 0ppm is a no brainier for your final rinse. Sorry if I’m ******* on your back and telling you it’s raining mate:tearsofjoy:

The FS and white look good too.

The great thing with the saloon is that it looks like a bog standard Audi at first glance until you fire the thing up........ I am sure that it is getting louder as well - it was even starting to give a load of pops and bangs on the downshift on a few changes today which alarmed both passers by and the driver!

Bilt hamber snow foam is what I’ve started to use, great value, runs very easily of the car doesn’t sit on it like shaving foam so I like to think it’s getting most of the dirt and debris loose or off the bodywork.

Reactions: T-800 and DrEskimo
The FS and white look good too.

The great thing with the saloon is that it looks like a bog standard Audi at first glance until you fire the thing up........ I am sure that it is getting louder as well - it was even starting to give a load of pops and bangs on the downshift on a few changes today which alarmed both passers by and the driver!
Glad you FL guys are starting to say how much more louder the car is getting on the exhaust side. This was a selling point for me on the PFL model it’s all part of the experience and ownership of the car sounds very raw and brutally quick.

2 minutes after taking those the road was flooded & covered with sh1t - it now looks like it did before I washed it.......
That's why mine gets a wash every few months!

Reactions: Evil Diesel and T-800
I wish I had your mind set on car cleaning DOC and not every week like me the clean freak :tearsofjoy:

This is one of the reasons I went with Floret Silver, its easy to keep clean.

Recently did just a snow foam and rinse and it came up really nice, Swissvax Shield wax working great. Wheels took a bit of work with cleaner and brush but cleaned up well.

Before, during and after shots below

21910d4e6c42871ce3313d58d9878b2f.jpg

7b3a7903780f5ccd891aee83fdad2272.jpg
16345866647b0edbb265e612ad7901d2.jpg
2621047047f1f460d1c6556873981671.jpg
9d69d12989a22128a8a38f8a031d382c.jpg
5a3d17285d8f8465027dbd2061696096.jpg
23f448983ab43e279de5ccb2488a3f70.jpg
dff3f4eb78482b28f100c220002013f7.jpg
0f284fc5c94679e6873bdeea93eea1fd.jpg
0a618a30513c10c99df83e69e38d0f77.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and DW81
You're just rubbing it in now......

Reactions: NevMan and Dan_DJT
I know what you mean regarding silver, I had a Astra h Sri Xp and although a soot chucker it always looked spotless in any light. I would have loved to have had the choice at the time to buy My car but in floret silver with the black pack and my three essential options but was rare then rocking horse ****.

I had a Titan Silver E92 335D - again it didn't show the dirt until it was as filthy as a £10 whore. I thought the Daytona may be similar - how wrong I was.

Reactions: SiPie and DW81
Nice one - he is cheaper too! Might get one of those Yeti wash mitts while I am at it.

Nice one - he is cheaper too! Might get one of those Yeti wash mitts while I am at it.

Good move... a top quality wash mitt really does make a difference

Reactions: DW81