Facelift Daytona Grey and other info

Lawrence Ellul

Reaction score
Hi all

So my search of an A3 in the UK is finally on the way.

After looking on both auto trader and Audi approved cars I have managed to select a couple of potential cars which meet my specifications (low milage S-line with either B&O audio or Virtual cockpit). In all cases the colour is Daytona Grey. Since this is a special colour for the S Line I have never seen it in Malta. Seen some pics online but depending on the lighting the colour changes quite a lot. Can someone give me some information on how it looks and most importantly how easy is it to maintain?

On an other note would you choose B&O or Virtual cockpit?

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have a Saloon in Daytona. It's beautiful. It shines all the colours of the rainbow in sunlight. I've been told more than once that it's the shiniest car my colleagues have ever seen. It still looks good even with the eventual layer of dust on it. Having said that I give mine a quick detail every couple of days!!

Reactions: David McQueen
I have an A3 S Line in Daytona, and in sunshine it sparkles and looks great. On a dull, cloudy day it appears darker and more dramatic. Easy to keep clean and never looks dirty - I treated the bodywork with Autoglym polish followed by Autoglym sealant. I have the B&O system.
Thread of Daytona pics here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/show-us-daytonas.261852/

f4a13f7ee6a55384d3045260ce002e65.jpg

432780cb1b665e92e8ca516176d82f4c.jpg

Would definitely recommend daytona, wait till the sun hits it and its pops and sparkles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Pinky1959, Reggieboy71 and 1 other person
Here’s a picture of my Daytona Grey on a dull day:

IMG 0657

Reactions: N88 RBN, Jassyo06 and David McQueen
Daytona Grey...............its the most outstanding Pearlescent colour you can get,a all time Audi classic paint.....l will show a few cars in this colour....it really is awesome just focus on the colour

Daytona tts 2

Love this daytona
RS3 2
Stunning Daytona 2

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Pinky1959, David McQueen and 2 others
With Daytona the car always looks clean!

This colour hides the dirt/dust very well

Reactions: David McQueen
Many thanks to all... will show them to my partner as she needs to approve the purchase at the end of the day....:grinning:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Stock on the S3 in Oz, but I think they are an option on other places. Would have to be after market options for sure.

Just seen an A3 next to the office, it is grey but in the sun it looks brownish.. would this be the Dakota grey?

Daytona is simply stunning and only matched by Ara in my opinion. I'd get VC over B&O if I had to choose.

Reactions: Reggieboy71 and David McQueen
Couple of close ups of Daytona grey pearl. Pictures definitely don't do it justice .
I wanted this colour and ended up getting.the ex demonstrator because of the colour
As said never really looks dirty due to the colour and always shines
31756b072a771415d1f796c23939fb65.jpg
076ab9e80b06e23dec21bc1438dd6d32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Reggieboy71 and David McQueen
Another couple of pics in sun
Still doesn't do it justice lol
26017958aae5817949d7293b3bf5a4cf.jpg
a856b7942d776e43eb7bcc69f4dff28e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn, David McQueen and 1 other person
If it's rare in Malta, go for it as Daytona is a great colour and definitely won't show the dirt. My problem with it is that as it is exclusive to s-line trim in the U.K., nearly all s-lines I see are in Daytona!

Going for Daytona at the end of the day. Will the dirt show.. well if we have one of the famous sand saturated rain it will show for sure... count down has now started. Will share pics once the purchase is through

How would one go about getting red brake calipers like those, they are awesome...!

Wouldn't pay Audi £300 or whatever for that.
I'm about to do my own and the wifes TT for a fraction of the cost.

Wouldn't pay Audi £300 or whatever for that.
I'm about to do my own and the wifes TT for a fraction of the cost.

Post results, if they look good I'll pop mine round :grinning:

Post results, if they look good I'll pop mine round :grinning:

Didn't of do my last two cars but did my A4 in red and added decals. Was quite happy with them.
Only thing about the S3 is the rear callipers are a sh***y shape.
I need to work around the S3 logo / panel on the fronts too.

Reactions: Tom.H
Hi all. Just a small update. I managed to get hold of a 66 plate A3 S-line in August. The car looks stunning and the Daytona grey has received a number of thumbs up from relatives and friends. The car had only 2400 miles upon purchase and drove it all the way down to Malta over 4 days covering around 500 miles a day. On the way we drove to Ingolstad where we saw the Audi museum and bought some accessories as well.

Attachments

• ferry to Messina.jpg
    ferry to Messina.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 291
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and testcard