Daylight running lights no rear lights ?

gradwells

Reaction score
Is it correct that when you have the daylight running lights on the rear lights are nor lit up . Is this a Vag com issue that can be corrected or is it a case of "if you want it mod it your self"

Yes. No rear lights as standard with DRL. DRL's are meant to help people see you coming - not going. But, yes, rear lights can be configured to come on as well.

This VAG com sounds a very impressive piece of kit, what else can it do?
orry if this is a dumb question.

does anyone know the coding for this on the B7? as I fancy having the side lights / main beam 1/2 power as per euro audis etc before the christmas tree leds came in...

The theory behind the tail lamps being linked is because in the daytime, having tail lights on all the time doesn't create enough of a contrast when your brake lights come on............compaired with night time.

That said - I've created my own rear DRL's - linked to the fronts - but small and in a different location to that of the brake lights. :whistle2:

REARDRL.jpg

Please note - they're not half as bright as the photos might suggest......and in actual fact give more of an impression that the rear lights are totally red. They're simple led's mounted into the reflector of the reversing lamp - and are overridden when I reverse.

The theory behind the tail lamps being linked is because in the daytime, having tail lights on all the time doesn't create enough of a contrast when your brake lights come on............compaired with night time.

That said - I've created my own rear DRL's - linked to the fronts - but small and in a different location to that of the brake lights. :whistle2:

REARDRL.jpg

Please note - they're not half as bright as the photos might suggest......and in actual fact give more of an impression that the rear lights are totally red. They're simple led's mounted into the reflector of the reversing lamp - and are overridden when I reverse.

Nice mod, I've been looking at my rear lights & thinking what to do with them & this could be a good idea.

See the Ross-Tech wiki for the Central Electronics module here http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A4_(8E)_Central_Electronics_(8EC/8ED)

Just change the coding from xxx2x to xxx4x - note this applies to Bi-Xenons only, you can't enable rear lights with DRL with halogen headlights.

I have halogen headlights and I want to get just the full beam on half power, can I cade this some how?

I have seen this:
Euro Headlights & DRL - A4 (B6 / B7)
  • Module 09 (Central Electrical), recode to ###XY, where:

X = DRL
    0 – Halogen without DRL
    1 – Halogen with DRL
    2 – Bi-Xenon with DRL
    3 – Bi-Xenon without DRL
    4 – Bi-Xenon with DRL / tail light / license plate light

Y = Locale
    1 – Rest of World / Nordic Countries / Denmark / Croatia / Baltic Countries with Bi-Xenon
    2 – Nordic Countries / Denmark / Croatia / Baltic Countries without Bi-Xenon
    3 – USA / Canada with Bi-Xenon
    4 – Canada without Bi-Xenon
    5 – Special Vehicles
and been playing but with it set to halogen lights I can only get to to light up all the lights or side lights and indicators ala Canada etc, but not like the A6s etc I have seen in europe (im off to europe next year so DRLs would save driving round with the head lights on, so no issues with brake lights not beeing seen etc).

cheers

Karl.

Is there anyone in the North West (close to Southport) with VAG com that could re-code my car to include the tail-lights with the front DRLs? I have the bi-xenon lights.

Happy to pay a few beer tokens!!

Cheers

Paul