Day Time Running Lights for B6 is it possible?

V6 Quatt

Reaction score
Is it posible to fit Side light Day Running Lights like the B7 to the B6 models :uhm:

right, not tried these myself but according to the ross-tech wiki you can program drl's in vagcom

Central Electrics Channel 008: Daytime Running Lights

0 = Daytime Running Lights OFF
1 = Daytime Running Lights ON

I found this coding as well:

Module Central Electrical

xxx?x: Headlights
0 = Halogen Headlights w/o Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q0/8Q1+8K0/8K7)
1 = Halogen Headlights with Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q0/8Q1+8K1/8K3/9C6/9C7)
2 = Bi-Xenon Headlights with Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q3/8Q5+8K9/8K4)
3 = Bi-Xenon Headlights w/o Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q3/8Q5+8K0/8K7)
4 = Bi-Xenon Headlights with Daytime Running/Tail/License Plate Lights (PR-8Q3/8Q5+8K1/8K3)

Thanks.

Has any one tried it.

:drool:
right, not tried these myself but according to the ross-tech wiki you can program drl's in vagcom

Central Electrics Channel 008: Daytime Running Lights

0 = Daytime Running Lights OFF
1 = Daytime Running Lights ON

I found this coding as well:

Module Central Electrical

xxx?x: Headlights
0 = Halogen Headlights w/o Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q0/8Q1+8K0/8K7)
1 = Halogen Headlights with Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q0/8Q1+8K1/8K3/9C6/9C7)
2 = Bi-Xenon Headlights with Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q3/8Q5+8K9/8K4)
3 = Bi-Xenon Headlights w/o Daytime Running Lights (PR-8Q3/8Q5+8K0/8K7)
4 = Bi-Xenon Headlights with Daytime Running/Tail/License Plate Lights (PR-8Q3/8Q5+8K1/8K3)

it will permantely put on your front lights... dipped and side.

well it does on the a3 anyway so i presume it will be the same

ok just tried it.

apparently my car doesn't have channel 008 on the central electrics module so couldn't do it through adaption so i tried it by changing the coding from 00001 = Rest Of World to 00002 = Northern Countries (Finland etc) and it worked.....but i have retro fitted oem xenons and they didn't like the new coding one bit :faint:

the sidelights & dipped headlights came on with the ignition but the xenons flickered then the drivers side went out and wouldn't come back on again. i reset everything back to original and the xenons were fine

so it can be done, and i reckon if i removed the xenons and re-fitted the standard halogens it would work.....but i can't be ***** with all that :icon_thumright:

ok just tried it.

apparently my car doesn't have channel 008 on the central electrics module so couldn't do it through adaption so i tried it by changing the coding from 00001 = Rest Of World to 00002 = Northern Countries (Finland etc) and it worked.....but i have retro fitted oem xenons and they didn't like the new coding one bit :faint:

the sidelights & dipped headlights came on with the ignition but the xenons flickered then the drivers side went out and wouldn't come back on again. i reset everything back to original and the xenons were fine

so it can be done, and i reckon if i removed the xenons and re-fitted the standard halogens it would work.....but i can't be ***** with all that :icon_thumright:

Why do you think they work with halogens but not retro fit xenons then? Sounds a weird one.....

I think the US running lights is just front lights, but the Scandinavian setting will illuminate the tail lights too, is that right?

Why do you think they work with halogens but not retro fit xenons then? Sounds a weird one.....

I think the US running lights is just front lights, but the Scandinavian setting will illuminate the tail lights too, is that right?

I thought it might be because my car doesn't have channel 008 so I couldn't tell it that xenons are fitted and then when I changed the country the coding wasn't correct as per equipment fitted.....maybe, maybe not, but I just can't bothered to swap the xenons out with the halogens just to try, lazy I know :)

I didn't check the tail lights, I was a bit busy sorting out the front end after the xenons started playing up :icon_thumright:

Thamks for checking. I have OEM Xenons. Neve simple is it!

Tought you had it solved. Damn:sob:
I thought it might be because my car doesn't have channel 008 so I couldn't tell it that xenons are fitted and then when I changed the country the coding wasn't correct as per equipment fitted.....maybe, maybe not, but I just can't bothered to swap the xenons out with the halogens just to try, lazy I know :)

I didn't check the tail lights, I was a bit busy sorting out the front end after the xenons started playing up :icon_thumright:

Thamks for checking. I have OEM Xenons. Neve simple is it!

Tought you had it solved. Damn:sob:

Are they factory fit xenons? If they are then you should be able to program the DRL's through the adaption channel rather than changing the coding. I think mine don't work because, although they are oem xenons, they weren't factory fitted so the module that controls them wasn't programmed to control xenons, i think this is why my module doesn't have channel 008 on the central electrics module.

I wouldn't give up trying to do it this way. Try and find someone near you that has vagcom or vcds as its now called and give it go :icon_thumright:

Thanks. I will try and find someone to test this. Yes my Quattro has factory fit Xennons. What side light bulbs would be used to get this effect.
Are they factory fit xenons? If they are then you should be able to program the DRL's through the adaption channel rather than changing the coding. I think mine don't work because, although they are oem xenons, they weren't factory fitted so the module that controls them wasn't programmed to control xenons, i think this is why my module doesn't have channel 008 on the central electrics module.

I wouldn't give up trying to do it this way. Try and find someone near you that has vagcom or vcds as its now called and give it go :icon_thumright:

hey, wondered if you ended up anywhere with this? Looking at setting up the DRL's without the tail lights on an A4?

on ebay you can buy r8 look ones for bout £20 and fit them in your head lights on a sep switch or like me i've put them in my bumper on my b5. they are only a strip of led's

on ebay you can buy r8 look ones for bout £20 and fit them in your head lights on a sep switch or like me i've put them in my bumper on my b5. they are only a strip of led's

but soooo many chavs have them.

maybe but not round here. but still they only look rite on an audi. i mean how out of place do they look on other cars at least they were ment for our cars not ford vauxhalls pugs etc.

maybe but not round here. but still they only look rite on an audi. i mean how out of place do they look on other cars at least they were ment for our cars not ford vauxhalls pugs etc.

Audi wernt the first.

Aston Martin
Rolls Royce

and now almost every new car is coming with them E class merc, porsche. Personally not to my taste even standard.