Facelift Data Module issues

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Keep getting this issue
e13ac9f8680891e16042e4c5af2f1204.jpg

Is this normal for no signal or is there an issue?

Also when I go into the data connection settings they are greyed out. Got Tech pack plus so have got the 3 year subscription.

Normal if it loses signal, I only really see it when using google maps. Standard or traffic view I've never seen it pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay.Ing
Long shot: do you have your mobile paired via Bluetooth, and if so have you accidentally enabled a Bluetooth setting on your phone like "Allow the paired device to access your SIM card?"

We accidentally did this the other day on one of our paired phones. Effect is that the car decides to use your mobile for its data connection, but gets stuck not understanding which mobile network to use. It then stops being able to access Google Maps etc and periodically displays the message you've got.

It was even more random in our case because it depended which mobile happened to connect first and become the primary one...

Turned it off in the phone's Bluetooth; all good. Hope it helps someone.

Long shot: do you have your mobile paired via Bluetooth, and if so have you accidentally enabled a Bluetooth setting on your phone like "Allow the paired device to access your SIM card?"

We accidentally did this the other day on one of our paired phones. Effect is that the car decides to use your mobile for its data connection, but gets stuck not understanding which mobile network to use. It then stops being able to access Google Maps etc and periodically displays the message you've got.

It was even more random in our case because it depended which mobile happened to connect first and become the primary one...

Turned it off in the phone's Bluetooth; all good. Hope it helps someone.

I don't think so, I have an iPhone, I don't think I have that setting??

In our case it was a setting on a Samsung Galaxy running Android 6... I can't find a similar setting even on a different Android 6 phone... But I suspect it's Samsung putting their own terminology on something standard.

Perhaps rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) which is mentioned in the "Audi connect (infotainment)" section of the manual: seems the car makes use of your mobile's connection for all its data, instead of the factory-installed embedded SIM.

Having said that - the manual also mentions that iPhone doesn't support rSAP, so I'm not being much help in your case!

In our case it was a setting on a Samsung Galaxy running Android 6... I can't find a similar setting even on a different Android 6 phone... But I suspect it's Samsung putting their own terminology on something standard.

Perhaps rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) which is mentioned in the "Audi connect (infotainment)" section of the manual: seems the car makes use of your mobile's connection for all its data, instead of the factory-installed embedded SIM.

Having said that - the manual also mentions that iPhone doesn't support rSAP, so I'm not being much help in your case!

Not at all mate, every little helps!