Data issues

craigomills

Anyone else having data issues with the MMI? No online radio working and it just says 2g for the signal. I can't see where to reboot the data module in the settings...

Also myAudi connection via my mobile phone to see if the car is locked etc is not working since yesterday.

Not had any issues with this previously...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
bb07eb8637ffaa93bf3c3b55716e6cee.jpg
aeca6be1dbf34fb6ad099691d098288a.jpg

Last edited:

DaveW

Might be worth clearing the MyAudi app cache, data, uninstall/reinstall?
I find that sometimes my phone connects using the hands free Bluetooth profile, instead of carphone. If that happens, you will not be able to use online radio.

elan2s

If you only have a 2G connection then there will be little data being transfwerred from car to server. It is most likely a local issue, I think Cubic Teecom, who provide the connection, primarily use EE in the UK as their network provider. If EE is doing some work on the masts nearest to you then you will have issues

craigomills

If you only have a 2G connection then there will be little data being transfwerred from car to server. It is most likely a local issue, I think Cubic Teecom, who provide the connection, primarily use EE in the UK as their network provider. If EE is doing some work on the masts nearest to you then you will have issues
The problem is that the last time my car was 'connected' it was nearly 50 miles away from where I live, the audi app (which I reinstalled) still shows my car miles away up in the Peak District!
06c067f4834f85a0466b58d8679f0c00.jpg

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Can you use wi-fi hotspot on your cellphone for your car to connect quicker net & see if it updates the app data.

elan2s

Unless it changed with the switch to the MIB-3 platform (and the OP has a 2020 car so could be either MIB-2 or MIB-3) you can only hotspot a device to the car's wifi, which requires a data plan either purchased from Audi or from using a seperate SIM In the car. You cannot connect the car to a wifi network so what you suggest won't work (unless as I say Audi changed this in the swotch to the new platform and the OP's car has the new platform)

craigomills

Spoke to Audi digital services, did a factory reset on the MMI and now am unable to log in with my Audi username and password. I am able to log in via my PC so know my username and password are okay.

It's been passed to the technical team to review.

4f6500da52048dde1aed79a1f618d26b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk