1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashcams....again (sorry!)

wideboybloke Jan 26, 2016

1. wideboybloke

wideboybloke Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

20160126_190819.jpg Does anybody have this active cam or know somebody else who has it? I was all set to buy myself a GoPro when my wife suggested I try this cheaper model and see how I get on with it before splashing out £3-400 on the GoPro. The point about this model is that it retails at around £70-80 and it gets very favourable reviews online. It also includes all the accessories that are extra on the GoPro - and they are compatible with the GP if I decide to upgrade. So I've spent all day getting to know it and setting it up and I'm looking forward to trying it out on my next bike ride.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. azibux1

azibux1 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

I have one, used it on a trackday once and was seriously impressed with the quality

I have to say though, unfortunately I do not think yours is genuine... There are a LOT of fakes about

This is the genuine one (note the SJCAM branding) - SJCAM are the original manufacturer

http://www.sjcam.com/cameras/27-sjcam-sj4000-wifi-1080p-full-hd-action-camera-sport-dvr.html

I received a fake the first time I ordered, I looked at the file size resolution and it wasn't even full HD like it was supposed to be, it was only 720p

4. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Well-Known Member

remind me what this dash cam has to do with an audi a3?

5. wideboybloke

wideboybloke Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Dashcams are frequently discussed on this forum, that's all. That's why I apologised for raising the subject yet again. If I were the first to post about something not specifically related to the A3 I think you'd have a point.

6. xpoweruk

xpoweruk S4 B8 Smile Machine Team Ibis saloon Audi S4 quattro

7. wideboybloke

Thanks to azibux for your reply. It seems that mine may well be a fake . Ah well. It was a birthday present from my wife, so I now have to decide whether or not to tell her! At least it did not involve a significant financial outlay and I'll see how it performs before deciding whether to bin it.

8. azibux1

azibux1 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Ha no worries

Yeah check it out and then decide. It may be unusable (my fake was) as despite recording in 720p the video was super blurry and looked terrible... That's when I started looking into if it is fake

If however video quality is suitable, then I'd be tempted to just keep that one you have