Dashcam behind mirror

George Kost

Reaction score
Hello all,

does anyone have installed a dashcam like this?
It is from AliExpress and the price is really low.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtUKmIR

I don’t have rain/light sensors.
Just the plain mirror.
So I know there will be a wire from the camera to the roof.

Nope not seen one like that before. But run the wire around the headlining down drivers side get a fuse spur and plug into that so it comes on with ignition and goes off. That's how mines is wired

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nope not seen one like that before. But run the wire around the headlining down drivers side get a fuse spur and plug into that so it comes on with ignition and goes off. That's how mines is wired

Yes that is the plan.
Even with the simple version that is powered by USB, I would betend the cable near the fuse box and power it from a 12to5v converter powered by the ignition live.
Which camera do you have?

Hello all,

does anyone have installed a dashcam like this?
It is from AliExpress and the price is really low.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtUKmIR

I don’t have rain/light sensors.
Just the plain mirror.
So I know there will be a wire from the camera to the roof.

I fitted one of them on my rear window, works great as a rear facing camera. You can move the lens for the best view too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted one of them on my rear window, works great as a rear facing camera. You can move the lens for the best view too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it bulky? Or does it look nice?

Which fuse did you plug it into to get it to come on when you start the car?

Looks big from outside for my taste.
I will pass. Thanks all for the info!

Attachments

• D98DB24A-44BA-4E92-A2E0-62BC4A620FA2.jpeg
    D98DB24A-44BA-4E92-A2E0-62BC4A620FA2.jpeg
    942.7 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Mr_Dude
Just look through the numbered fuses on the cover and use one that comes on with the ignition e.g fan or something similar

slJPjel.jpg

BEGcovP.jpg

YYqQNHX.jpg

fitted one of those style dashcams a couple years back, cant fault it. it doesnt look big from the outside, you can barely see it in real life.
inside the car, you forget its there.
i went with the jooyfact branded one, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
the quality of the plastic is a bit better, and its a hardwired unit into the fusebox.

mine is the a1, slightly older sensor to the a7h, but the image quality is great imo.

Reactions: George Kost
It's not that bulky to be honest. I fitted a RS3 8P High Beam Assist mirror, those come with some sort of camera aswell. I guess mine is bigger then the Chinese you sent here.

photo-2020-03-06-13-56-38.jpg

photo-2020-03-06-13-56-34.jpg

photo-2020-03-06-13-55-21.jpg

Reactions: George Kost