Dashcam advice please

matt.gp

Reaction score
Evening.

First post here, nice to find a decent forum to join.

I pick up my used A5 Coupe this week. It’s a 2017 190PS TDI S-Line S-Tronic. For a full grown adult I am feeling quite excited.

I have always intended to put a dashcam in my cars over the years but never bothered, I think this is probably a good time to do it and to do a proper job.

I’m looking for advice on any front and rear cameras that can be installed really cleanly as well as giving god HD images. I’m not looking for any unbranded tat after buying an expensive motor.

Also does anyone know if there is a camera that integrates with the MMI display in the car?

I have seen the Audi offering but it seems a bit out of date and overpriced by today’s standards.

Thanks,

Matt.

Thinkware q800, u1000, blackvue 750, 900 range, anything with cloud features tbh is what you'd be after, its what I install allot of.

Thinkware q800, u1000, blackvue 750, 900 range, anything with cloud features tbh is what you'd be after, its what I install allot of.

Thanks some things to research there.

Do any of these integrate well with the in car display?

Also have you got or do you know of anywhere I can find some decent pics to show how clean the installs look for the various models?

Thanks,

Matt.

I went for the Garmin Mini Dash Cam. Like you, I wanted something that I'd forget I even had. Had a friend help me hardwire it and can't even see it from the driver's seat. App allows for a quick addition of a rear camera if needed. Will try to take some pics.

Reactions: matt.gp
I have a thinkware f750 in mine Benn going for a few years now and never had any issues. It's installed behind the rear view mirror so I can't see it from the drivers seat plus all wires are fully hidden.

I have the blackvue installed. The camera is great but honestly the app is rubbish and struggles to connect to the camera 9 times out of 10