Help Please Dashboard rattle

D1RZH1N1S

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Got a rattle sound coming from a dashboard / windscreen speakers / window's heater vent not sure from where it comes.. When I'm driving it feels that rattle comes from passengers side speaker (not door) then when I'm sitting in passenger seats it's opposite (driver's front speaker)..

Maybe anyone had a same issue and sorted that ?

Got Audi A4 2015 B8.5 Estate

When mine rattled some time ago, thought something got stuck underneath the dash mesh trim by windscreen. Took it all apart and found a parking fee ticket that got blown there.
It wasnt the cause of rattle

In the end, it was a steering angle adjustment leaver, underneath the steering wheel column.
Took the trims off and cable tied to lock it in place.
No rattle since

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I also get a rattle from under the steering wheel. Is the trim under here easy enough to remove?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I had a rattle (sort of 'zzzzing' noise) that took me weeks to find - eventually located it to the push button on the end of the cruise control stalk. Cured it by running a really small bead of black silicone sealant around it. Still works fine.

Hi guys, I've checked steering wheel lever pulled and adjusted - sound gone for now, strange because I never thought the sound comes from there lol.

Thanks for a tip !

Reactions: KrisKrk
If you drive and buzz comes on (or when stationary) hold the leaver and see if that cure it. If so, cable tie it to solve once and for all

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk