Dashboard light dimmer

Psb07158

Reaction score
Hi guys

I lent my car to my mum only to have it returned with the dimming light switch half missing!

It works fine...but I'm pedantic as hell and I can't get this out of my head. Does anyone know a cheap fix for this? I've been searching online but can't find a replacement.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906.7 KB · Views: 846
Reactions: Alfie86 and Psb07158
When I bought my A6 Avant last month I got home from the dealership and noticed mine was missing too!

Luckily I emailed the salesman and he sent me a whole new switch for free as it was them who broke it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Psb07158
This may just be the cap that's come off (more common than you think- knocked by a knee getting in or out the car)

It's a pop out button, does yours still pop out, or has the whole button been snapped off?

If whole button has gone, it's a whole switch replacement. They often come up on eBay.

The cap is available by itself.

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../941/subcategory/941050/part_id/256350/lang/e

Yeah, I think when my mum has been getting out of the car she's knocked it with her handbag or something! It looks as though it's the cap, as the rest of the button still pops out and I can adjust the lights fine.

Thanks for the link - armed with the part number I've found a seller on eBay - £16.95. For the sake of my sanity, I'm going to take the plunge and purchase :tearsofjoy:

When I bought my A6 Avant last month I got home from the dealership and noticed mine was missing too!

Luckily I emailed the salesman and he sent me a whole new switch for free as it was them who broke it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like RAF_S7 says, this must be more common than I thought!

Cheers guys!

Reactions: RAF_S7
*** £16.95 for basically a button ouch. ours has been missing since we got it always wondered if it was missing or was meant to be like that

Mine was also missing when i bought my A6!! Ive seen full switches on eBay for £20, but not yet taken the plunge.