Dashboard Coding Question

Badger-a-s

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm using a XTool VAG401 to code my dashboard to remove the seatbelt warning but my current coding doesn't seem to tally up with Ross-Tech Wiki. I have used this VAG401 to code my MKV Golf to do the same thing and every part of the code tallied up with Ross-Tech. I can't work out how my first 4 digits are 0260, also, my current seat belt setting would appear to be 2 = USA and Canada OLD (I'm in the UK). Any help greatly appreciated.

Audi A3 (8P) Instrument Cluster

My current code: 0260 4 2 8

????xxx: Equipment

+0001 = 2nd Fuel Tank Characteristic (All-Wheel Drive)
+0002 = Highline without DIS (for Midline variant 9Q3 - Automatic without DIS)
+0004 = Manual Transmission (not midline variant 9Q3)
+0008 = 2nd tire circumference pair (e.g. winter tires)
+0016 = Tire Pressure Monitoring (MY 2007+)
+0032 = Advanced Front Lighting System (AFS / MY 2006+)

xxxx?xx: Country

4 = Great Britain (Right Hand Steering)

xxxxx?x: Seat Belt Warning

0 = No Seat Belt Warning
1 = Europe-NCAP (permanent visual warning and acoustic warning active for 91 seconds)

2 = USA and Canada OLD (visual and acoustic warning for 6 seconds)
3 = USA and Canada NAR-NEW (permanent visual warning and acoustic warning active every 30 seconds)
4 = Europe-NCAP (including passenger - permanent visual warning and acoustic warning active for 91 seconds)

Upload 2020 2 13 18 58 30

if all you want to do is have a no seat belt warning then just change the coding from 2 to 0. really doesnt matter what the first 4 are since you are not going to do anything with those and I doubt you have any of those options to add to your coding

Reactions: Badger-a-s
If you know anyone with Carista or OBD11, they can do this for you very easily.
I have done it for a friend using OBD11, it's an 'app' within the garage settings for the car it's connected to. Very handy, but it will use 10 credits (which you can gain back in 2 days by getting free credits within the app).

if all you want to do is have a no seat belt warning then just change the coding from 2 to 0. really doesnt matter what the first 4 are since you are not going to do anything with those and I doubt you have any of those options to add to your coding

Thanks, I'll give that a go. My only concern was that I'd be changing the coding for the wrong module as the Country code was the only value that matched out of the first 3 options. I used exactly the same process on my Golf and everything tallied up, Country, seatbelt warning, brake pad and washer fluid options, everything matched with the correct values. I suppose if it goes t*ts -up I just change value back to the original.

You've got a screenshot of the original value, so if it doesn't work then you can go back to that.

True. I'm just a bit @nal, I like to know why things are the way they are.