Dashboard coding cost?

Vanderlust

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm having a job done on my 2012 A3 Sportback.The warning lights came on it and stayed on so an electrician had to code it to remove them.

The car garage, (some old slightly dodgy one, but local), said he doesn't have a receipt from the electrician and won't let me speak to him either!

He's quoting a surprisingly large number for the job and won't give me a receipt either. He also said it should be even higher if VAT was aded to it!

Not saying how much I'm quoted yet, as I want to get some ideas from you guys first.

Cheers!

You can't code out those warnings unless it's a reset if certain systems, you sure it hasn't been taped or do they still illuminate in ignition turn then go out?

You can't code out those warnings unless it's a reset if certain systems, you sure it hasn't been taped or do they still illuminate in ignition turn then go out?

Only on when ignition on. Basically they tried putting in a new instrument cluster, that didn't take, so they put old one back in and then all those warning lights came on again and stayed on.

Radio error code came on too and they can't get rid of it.

They quoted me £110 for removing the warning lights. Another garage told me they'd wipe those warning lights for £35...

Ahhhhh now it's clear, fitting old one would be resetting steering angle sensor tbh, so god knows what they've done.

Need to see the error codes tbh.