Dash questions

annodomini2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got my 2006 A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro S Line, really liking the car.

However have a question, when I viewed the car DIS was not working, as a part of the deal they agreed to replace the clocks and recode etc to fix the display.

However the car is MMI High (2G obviously) and I believe it should have a Full Colour screen high res screen on the DIS, is this correct? As the one fitted is the 'monochrome' version.

If so, I have the original clocks that were fitted to the car, the salesperson stated that the display came on when the car warmed up, suggesting to me a dry joint issue.

If I was to have the original clocks repaired, would I need to have the system recoded to refit them?

If it doesn't need recoding then obviously I would have the odometer corrected.

Cheers

Its a common fault & as long as when repaired they don't fry the immo system or deprogram anything, then it should slide back in & start fine.

Colour DIS was an option on early cars (even with MMI 2G) If they are replacing the clocks then the only things they need to do is remove component protection & set the mileage.

The dry joint is a known issue on the C6 cluster and this can be repaired, so would not require any coding.

On the C6 there is no immo system in the clocks, so don't have to worry about that. However component protect would render the clocks unless (only the speedo works) and component protection would need to be removed by an Audi dealer, once removed everything on the cluster will start working again.

Reactions: NHN
I didnt know that, I was under the impression that chassis had immo linked to the cluster aswell, thanks, everyday's a school day :)

The C6 has it's own immo module thankfully so when your mucking around with cluster you don't kill the car off with the immo issues, the main problem is component protection which is a complete pain as almost every module on the C6 has CP. I know there are some third party tools that will clear CP, but the majority can only be done at an Audi dealer.:greedy dollars:

Yeah & 3rd party CP tools are damn expensive also iirc from my R&D.

So CP returns when you unhook the cluster as I thought once its cleared, it stays cleared on that module unless you plug another in its place then try to refit the old one.

CP is based on the stored chassis number which on the C6 is stored in the IMMO module & can-gateway, change either of those modules and the hole car goes into CP. If your just temporary removing a module and putting it back in the same car then CP won't come back, but if your fitting it into a new car then CP will be enabled as it will detect a new chassis number.

Thanks for the feedback, can anyone confirm whether or not with MMI High it should have a Full colour DIS please?