Dash clock lights

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
Hi
I just picked myself up a 2015 s3 saloon yesterday.

I noticed that the dashboard clock illumination seems to adjust itself and it’s really annoying. Is there a way through VCDS to keep them on permenantly?

also, is there a way via VCDS that I can have the rear lights come on at the same time as my DRL’s?

thanks
Dan

I have noticed this on my 2014 A3 and its annoying as well, especially when you go through a tunnel and everything turns dark.
I dont have VCDS so wondering if there is a way to keep it on manually

Open controller [17-Instruments]
[Security Access-16] > Enter 25327
[Adaptation-10] > Change (1)-Illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to lds

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a safety feature for cars with non auto light or lights not set to auto. If its dark enough to tell the ambient light sensor to dim the dash, you you should have your headlights on, if your headlights are on, the dash won't dim.

It's to stop nuggets driving around at night with their lights off. Not all manufacturers have an ambient light sensor, so people forget to turn the headlights on when it gets dark, as they look at their dash, it's nice and illuminated, so assume headlights are also on.

Reactions: pburv
Open controller [17-Instruments]
[Security Access-16] > Enter 25327
[Adaptation-10] > Change (1)-Illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm from parking_light to lds
Thanks. I just tried this but they are already set to lds

had the same until i engaged scandi drl, now it doesn't dim as the back position lights are on with the front drl

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk