Dash cameras - group buy.

Andyh1873

Reaction score
Been thinking of late the benefits of a dash camera. A simple, basic, but at the same time 'decent' dash cam.

I have been pointed in the direction of this one.

https://aguriworld.co.uk/index.php/dvr-dash-cam/aguri-speed-vision-dx20-dvr.html

I have a code to get £20 off, however I am prepared to see if a better discount can be offered for a group buy, if anyone is interested.

The one condition I would want though was those 'buying' would be paying direct to them & therefore the dash cam would be delivered direct to yourself!

Any interest?

Last edited:
Er, which camera? I'm looking for one for my rear window.

Thanks but overkill for my rear window. I already have a Transcend DrivePro 220 for the front. At least I will have once Santa has been and gone .

ooo this one looks good, after xmas I will be in a position to join in on this

Wonder where they get their speed camera database from. Hope it isn't TomTom as they aren't the best.

I have recently bought a RAC 05 which uses y the pocketgpsworld database.

Front I have the Mio Mivue 538D which has speedcam warnings, shows speed traveling, etc. and the pic is OK

After the voice warning if you are over the limit it bing bing's at you :p

Once you have passed the cam it does another noise!

I then have this one in my rear window http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/transcend-drivepro-200-dash-cam

I think the picture is better, but not as much info can be applied to the events and it has no speed camera warning (if you only had one cam). Very happy with the picture and can easily be hidden once you get rid of the chrome bits! (Under the BI part of the sticker).

Cam

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'm up for one of these depending on when we need to start. Probably better for me end of January - although may manage end December?

I think I might need something like this as I'm pretty sure I got caught again on a mobile camera.

How would it detect a mobile camera, do these send out a signal it can detect?

Has anyone got a pic of where the camera mounted on the dash please?

I wonder if the size of it would allow it to be way more hidden, more behind the rear view mirror for example, obviously with the screen visible. Tho wouldn't need it to be visible if it makes noise at you i spose.
1+ to chrisb72, does it detect mobile cameras?

The one I have has a button you can press as and when you pass a mobile camera/police van etc and it remembers its location. That way every time you are in that area it will give you reminder warning that it may be there!!!

Thanks for the post but as there's so much choice dash cams can be quite a personal choice. Not sure if you'll get so many people wanting the same model - what's the minimum number you need ? Prob worth getting a list going of who's interested.

was just a thought, correct there are a few, i was just seeing if there was any interest.

Reactions: JohnM100 and Rob2k68
The one I have has a button you can press as and when you pass a mobile camera/police van etc and it remembers its location. That way every time you are in that area it will give you reminder warning that it may be there!!!

Trust me I won't forget where the mobile camera was that caught me doing 36mph in a 30 or the one I'm praying didn't catch me!