Dash Cam Thoughts

I understood it to mean the rear view camera takes its power from the main camera, and the main camera takes its power via the Power Magic Pro. Then surely both cameras are then subject to power management?
I see, unsure how it does it, the front cam looks like it has a single port for some type of mini usb connection, no videos on youtube either!

Will have to keep looking into it

I see, unsure how it does it, the front cam looks like it has a single port for some type of mini usb connection, no videos on youtube either!

Will have to keep looking into it

The BV 2CH version has an additional input that connects the rear camera to the front camera. With a 2 channel set-up you only need one connection to the PMP as the front camera provides the power and storage for the rear camera.

The PMP with two connections is if you want to run 2x 1 channel cameras, where both cameras are standalone and have their own power supply and storage.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Smir and jdp1962
The BV 2CH version has an additional input that connects the rear camera to the front camera. With a 2 channel set-up you only need one connection to the PMP as the front camera provides the power and storage for the rear camera.

The PMP with two connections is if you want to run 2x 1 channel cameras, where both cameras are standalone and have their own power supply and storage.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for clearing that up! :)

No problem :)

Stuck what to go for myself...The BV 650GW 1CH is £200 and the BV 650GW 2CH is £300.... annoyingly once you buy the 1CH you can't add the second rear camera at a later date, as the 1CH version doesn't have the connection....

Ran a cheaper front dash cam and for over a year I don't remember ever thinking "if only I had a rear camera..."! Probably just jinxed myself now I've said that though!!

That extra gold input next to the power input:

dr650gw1-700x700.jpg

would be a non generic connection wouldnt it -.-

I may go down the 2 Mini806 route..

with something like this...

and then a little adaptor for the rear one female to female, that way they both use the Voltage controller and for about £120 all in.. seems feasible, Just need to dig a little more into the mini range

Yea I think it has to be to transmit the data and power to the rear camera. Usually 2CH systems are pants because the lag is too bad. Seems to work well on the BV.

Not sure I follow your idea there with that adapter? Not sure it will give you enough length to do anything useful (thats what she said...)?

Best bet with a double Mini0806 is to use that double PMP connection you linked to before. That will give you parking mode to both cameras. Unless you wanted more flexibility in controlling the parking mode on both cameras, in which case a separate PMP for each routed to the fuse will work as well, but obviously more crowded!

Nah guess that would work! Would need extra cables from the camera to the adaptor though.

Cant help but think the dual PMP would be cleaner. Is it much more than the single PMP?

Nah guess that would work! Would need extra cables from the camera to the adaptor though.

Cant help but think the dual PMP would be cleaner. Is it much more than the single PMP?
a female to male micro usb is probably £1 for a fairly decent size,

Unsure on price difference, Just thought it would be cleaner, lighter an few less bits to rattle/clunking about (although most things can be easily fixed down), got any links of the pmp' I can check out?

Yea very good point!

Nah to be fair I never even knew the dual PMP existed until your post...!

Im looking to buy mine from blackvue.co.uk.

The deal for the 650GW1CH and PMP is a decent price so was going to do that. a 32gb micro SD from Amazon is tonnes cheaper though,

Yea very good point!

Nah to be fair I never even knew the dual PMP existed until your post...!

Im looking to buy mine from blackvue.co.uk.

The deal for the 650GW1CH and PMP is a decent price so was going to do that. a 32gb micro SD from Amazon is tonnes cheaper though,
Think the Duel PMP will be a fair price, single is around £30-ish

Unable to find a proper location for the Dual PMP, it's called PMP Plus, just Korean sites, don't think its sold any more seems like a product from 2010, so I guess they got rid of it.

cost of my setup would be about £150 all in roughly which isn't to bad I guess. plus 2 full hd cameras with LCD screen's on... which is a bonus.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Nah I can't find anything either. Worth a go mate. Worst case scenario is you have to fork out for another PMP so I would definitely try your method first.

Intrigued to see how you get on :)

Don't just buy on price, guys.After sales support if anything goes wrong is important too. That's why I got mine from a forum sponsor. (Click)

Last edited:
Hi,
Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes offer discounts for a wide range of in-car cameras.
Regards,
Dan.

I guess for an extra £20 I can get them from Amazon, which has probably the best after-care out there!