Dash cam saved my no claims

xpoweruk

TTTS 8J Smile Machine
Reaction score
Thank goodness for that.

Went through a Green light & a mobility scooter was travelling across the road (cross roads)
Thankfully nobody was hurt,just a trashed mobility scooter as it bounced off my rear wheel.(just a scratch on the wheel)

Police at the time said not to worry as I was not to blame,so I went about my business.
Only to find out later that the old chap had put in a claim against me.thankfully this was all sorted today after his claim team viewed the Dash cam footage.

Was getting a touch stressed as my insurance was about to double

Reactions: ruairi83, jdp1962, RS5 JON and 2 others
Mobility scooters aren't allowed on the road, but you still see some idiots driving them down the middle of the road like they are a car. And the thing is they don't have any insurance.

Glad your cam came in handy. Do you have a front and rear facing one? I'm going to have to get one for my new car.

Reactions: Chop.
I have front & rear BlackVue DR 650 I think is the model

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
TBH I had it fitted for me.
Looking at it though it should be pretty straight forward

The difficulties are cable routing and in some cases how to wire into the fuse-box. These issues are mode-specific so it is always useful to get advice from someone with the same model. For the B8.5 S5 sportback I have a write-up on fitting a dual cam system.

Reactions: xpoweruk
**** XP your not having much luck, sounds like a good investment:)

Reactions: xpoweruk
Those disabled buggies will try to cross in front of anything. Spotted this a few weeks ago in Walsall. There were 3 police cars and an ambulance in attendance . Found an article in the local paper a few days later the guy in the buggy was OK.
Looks like he was trying to cross on the pedestrian crossing, possibly the truck never saw him but if that was the case the truck would have squashed him I am sure.
You can see the buggy just in front of the trucks front wheels.

Reactions: xpoweruk and Gazwould
No fault claims put your premiums up more that fault claims oddly enough. I had a guy reverse into me and write my ML off and had it on dash cam. My insurance jumped up, I asked why and their research shows that people in accidents are more likely to have another within two years even if not your fault.

Reactions: rum4mo
Just did the renewal update.

Without the no fault claim added it was £669
With the no fault claim declared it is £653 :)

All mods declared

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
No fault claims put your premiums up more that fault claims oddly enough. I had a guy reverse into me and write my ML off and had it on dash cam. My insurance jumped up, I asked why and their research shows that people in accidents are more likely to have another within two years even if not your fault.

Fortunately I have not yet needed to put this to the test, but I am in no as to that is the way things work.

Insurance companies really only work "for profit" - which is fair enough, but I think that it is time that they were getting looked into and exposed for what they do to evade paying out and whacking innocent accident victims.

No doubt their view is that they must make up for last winter's flood pay outs!