Dash Cam question

Beery

Reaction score
Hello all,

Apologies - this answer will be somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I have a dash cam which has a clever box to monitor the battery level - it needs a permanent battery live and an ignition live. Of course the fuse compartment inside is the easiest to tap into - anyone got a pointer towards which fuse numbers to use?!

Cheers.

Cigarette lighter fuse = ignition live
Every other fuse = permanent live

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hey LF good to see you back !

...... Normal thread topic will now resume :salute:

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Get yourself a 12v screwdriver that lights up if the connection is live. Easiest way!

I have a multimeter and tested the fuses on my S5 on the passenger side fuse box. Most of the B compartment fuses are live, and I think all the A compartment fuses are only live when ignition is on. If it's the same as the S5, I have piggyback fuses in fuse 7 in both compartments (lights and gateway I think,tells you in the owners manual).

Sweet - thanks chaps - that'll be this weekends mission.

I'm still having trouble with mine. I can't find a single permanently live fuse in the fuse box. My camera turns off all the time with stop/start kicking in etc. It's not true that all the fuses are permanent live except one, not at all!

I'm starting to think that the fuse box under the bonnet is all permanent live and the one in the glove box is all switched (other than the cigarette lighter one that you can use, but even that occasionally turns off momentarily I think).

Check your grounding point, I used the small nut just above the fuse box at first the connection wasn't fantastic and the cam was on and off, but I took the nut out sanded it down a tiny bit and now works as required.