Dash-Cam...positioning.

Looking good, deffo discrete. Although I can now see a potential problem :blue:
The rear camera being placed in the middle like that would be right where the dog looks out of the window, I'd have to position it to one side or the other.

How do you remove it from its cradle...I assume a `left` motion?
Must say it looks more discreet than the position of mine.

Indeed comes out to the left. Just have to disconnect the cables first as there's no slack in them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking good, deffo discrete. Although I can now see a potential problem :blue:
The rear camera being placed in the middle like that would be right where the dog looks out of the window, I'd have to position it to one side or the other.

I have the rear camera stuck to the plastic around the boot rather than the glass. Just used some very heavy duty velcro meant I can easily move it and avoids the heated rear screen

What sort of dog, must be a beast if the camera is in their line of sight.

Indeed comes out to the left. Just have to disconnect the cables first as there's no slack in them.

Ah, that's maybe the only `plus` to my camera...the cable is connected to the cradle and not the camera. BUT the camera has to come towards you...hence the need to position it to the left of the mirror.

I have the rear camera stuck to the plastic around the boot rather than the glass. Just used some very heavy duty velcro meant I can easily move it and avoids the heated rear screen
What sort of dog, must be a beast if the camera is in their line of sight.

He's a GSD x Husky.
y3m4p5184_awtfKLtCFMqxp9T7vDKwNlaQ-82MvtQtlOFKq5kDbpqu85Lx-l1NEim_Y6-fV-OLXWwnfSevNUW2cVcmOYk5lXqDr2-KduFOrdJsHrhzRXRerEbOLSBl8goKmvqWgfNVD65Gp6mcWIQcdO8xTLmj93zV4z27bUpdt28M

Reactions: Brasso
Hi, I've been reading through the thread as Im looking to install a dash cam into my car, I would like to do this myself and if any of you don't mind if you have the hard wire setup could you please take some pictures of where the hardwire cables go to in the B9 fuse box. I've looked through the manual and I have no idea which fuses are always live and which aren't.

thanks

@Brasso @The Silverfox what do you think of the image quality on the BlackVue? I am going for this camera or the Thinkware F770 when my car arrives.

Would you also share the wiring install into the fusebox please - which fuses did you link/piggy back onto?

thanks
Buck

@Brasso @The Silverfox what do you think of the image quality on the BlackVue? I am going for this camera or the Thinkware F770 when my car arrives.

Would you also share the wiring install into the fusebox please - which fuses did you link/piggy back onto?

thanks
Buck
Those are the two I'm looking at, the reviews say the Thinkware image is better than Blackvue, and the Thinkware is 1080 all round compared to blackvue's 720p rear camera. But the Thinkware unit is pretty massive in comparison but is cheaper!

Tuff decision!

thanks
Buck

The quality is fine for me and

Why are people bothering with over priced 1080 and 720P .

1440P is the now .

as I already had the cameras it save the expense of buying something better.

In terms of fuses I've moved mine from where it was to a piggy back off fuse E1 (ignition coils, 20A).

Reactions: Buck

thanks
Buck

The picture is good quality even at night (provided there is some light of course).

I haven't wired mine in yet as the connectors I had were the larger ones so I had to order some of the small spade ones, then one of them was faulty so waiting for a replacement. It is plugged into the 12v socket for now. I'm planning on wiring it in when the weather is a bit better and I get the replacement connector. I haven't identified the fuses to connect to yet but I think they will be the interior light for the always on connection and any of the others for the ignition on connection as most are only live with the ignition on (I have a box that has two connections so it will not run the battery down).

Reactions: Buck