Dash cam help needed

Blackvue is the daddy. Not cheap but does the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinkware F770, F800Pro or Q800Pro. Small HD and 2K systems with set and forget operation without the bulkiness, summer over heating and DAB issues of Blackvue. They also have their power management features built in where the Blackvue needs and external power Magic box.

I can supply and fit any of the current Dashcam systems on the market but always recommend Thinkware.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1962 and 8YARWY
Thinkware F770, F800Pro or Q800Pro. Small HD and 2K systems with set and forget operation with then bulkiness, summer over heating and DAB issues of Blackvue. They also have their power management features built in where the Blackvue needs and external power Magic box.

I can supply and fit any of the current Dashcam systems on the market but always recommend Thinkware.

+1 for Thinkware F770 and F800pro

20201206 140128

Installed a couple of these and not impressed. They have good reviews but in my experience the 2ch systems interfere with DAB, the build and indeed video quality is hit and miss. Also no UK support.

if the OP is looking for something in the same form factor the check out the Thinkware F200:

42A6B2DB 9723 4DFC BA5A B9520DF95F7A

Had my blackvue about 4 and half years. Never overheated or gone wrong once. Got it cheaper through there outlet store as it had a damaged box

Reactions: DJAlix
think the new blackvues don't need external power? i had an older unit and it killed my battery

think the new blackvues don't need external power? i had an older unit and it killed my battery
They all use the power magic pro for voltage control / parking mode, unless you opt for an external battery.

There not cheap but I bought the battery pack for my blackvue. If I leave it plugged in it lasts 2-3 days. For me long term it’s been worth the peace of mind that I can leave my car knowing if it gets whacked I have half a chance catching the twit that did it.

I have the 4K Blackvues, front and back.

Touch wood, its been fine(ish), no battery issues so far.

However it will occasionally claim it has no SD card, and it will keep rebooting saying it, and then just stop and its fine. Or you can stop it instantly by doing a format on the SD Card. This may vary on SD Cards, I just bought the best one for it from reviews, without stepping into getting bent over by Blackvues extortionately priced SD Cards.

I preferred the Blackvue as its practically invisible, the Thinkware was a bit too big for me.

Also checkout the new Kenwood one, it comes with its own screen, the quality is excellent.

I have the blackvue dr900 4k 2ch connected to a blackvue external battery and its been spot on, it's never missed a beat, doesn't affect the car battery and just works in the background.
I have it connected to the cloud through the cars Internet connection and it auto uploads incidents
Regards SD cards, dashcams constantly read and write so you have to invest in the more expensive high endurance cards or you will eventually run into sd card issues.

Installed a couple of these and not impressed. They have good reviews but in my experience the 2ch systems interfere with DAB, the build and indeed video quality is hit and miss. Also no UK support.

if the OP is looking for something in the same form factor the check out the Thinkware F200:

View attachment 213065

I have the f770 you need Ferrite rings, one on power to camera and one on rear camera for problems with dab.
There is UK support, my camera locked up with a new sd card and couldnt get it back. Contacted Thinkware and they told me to send to a uk site. They repaired it and sent back free of charge in 2 days.