Dan's B9 S4 Avant Thread

Pretty easy to happen loads of new cars arriving and they offload them to storage the salesman doesn't watch and tick off each one tell him. Should have gone to spec savers lol

Reactions: 5pot and Thundercliffe81
Pretty easy to happen loads of new cars arriving and they offload them to storage the salesman doesn't watch and tick off each one tell him. Should have gone to spec savers lol

Yeah, I totally get that they can't look over every car that comes off a transport but I did give him a few days notice before turning up so I'd have thought he'd maybe take a look. It'll be next weekend at least now as I'm working away this week...

That's rubbish tho the tracker will be right phone Audi uk customer service ask them where it is

That's rubbish tho the tracker will be right phone Audi uk customer service ask them where it is

Funnily enough I just had an email from the salesman saying he found it. So I'll see it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81
I've also asked for some photos if he gets time so here's hoping I'll get some teaser shots.

Oh wow, it looks better than I was hoping for...

01035744f183822435af0e85add5447a.jpg

a105a76347a9d13c1a6cf479939d7688.jpg

f4751ecb5a3bb53c050cff33c2f1a273.jpg

500134e3fb90bad20fd1c4b030bc1a3d.jpg

f9330309eb83340a68d0f41da133614a.jpg

Reactions: GaryP, Headzup, AlnSaz and 12 others
Like that a lot mate, roll on September.

Thanks mate. As much as I'd love a crazy colour, I think the S4 suits something a little lower key.

No it's £800 per yr at 171 kg/m and a supplement of £315 for the first 5 yrs which is £1115 ... then after the 5 yrs it then drops back to £800 per yr for the rest of its life .!!
That's an actual disgrace. ****** politicians

Reactions: Keef
That's an actual disgrace. ****** politicians

It's not actually quite that bad... Something like £800 for the first year then £450 for the next 4 or 5 then it drops to £140 a year.

The extra £310 on top of the basic £140 is what ****** me off. So because you can afford a car over £40k suddenly your tax should be over three times more?!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, 5pot and Keef
That's a cracking looking car and fantastic spec, yes the tax is a pain, I'm fortunate in having my own business so it's swings n roundabouts, they get you one way or another.

Looking forward to more pictures

Reactions: Daggerit
Oh wow, it looks better than I was hoping for...

01035744f183822435af0e85add5447a.jpg

a105a76347a9d13c1a6cf479939d7688.jpg

f4751ecb5a3bb53c050cff33c2f1a273.jpg

500134e3fb90bad20fd1c4b030bc1a3d.jpg

f9330309eb83340a68d0f41da133614a.jpg

That right there is the exterior spec I'd have got if I didn't go for Daytona. Stunning, mate

Very nice mate...I see the V6T badges gone already

You know what, I didn't even notice they weren't there! Must remove them when you tick the box to remove the S4 badge from the back?

Reactions: Keef
That right there is the exterior spec I'd have got if I didn't go for Daytona. Stunning, mate

Thanks very much! I think it's understated and classy, but with a touch of boy racer in the red callipers. I'm glad I did the rebadge as well, means people could mistake it for something a little less powerful and get a surprise.

Unless they notice the four exhaust pipes of course... Haha

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and BarryG79
Looks awesome, floret really suits and with the black styling, enjoy!

Funnily enough I just had an email from the salesman saying he found it. So I'll see it this weekend.

Quality.
And I think the florret silver looks brilliant I was tempted to go for it but seen a 1.4 petrol sport in it at dealers and didn't like it.

Looks fantastic on the s4 with black packtho

Quality.
And I think the florret silver looks brilliant I was tempted to go for it but seen a 1.4 petrol sport in it at dealers and didn't like it.

Looks fantastic on the s4 with black packtho

Thanks very much. Yeah I think that it needs the black pack to contrast against otherwise it's just a bit too bland with the chrome.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
A few more shameless photos from dropping in today rather than the salesman sending them over...

824a5b6bdc07cc97640f2518d4b37c52.jpg

75c6194d1f4715697066f15fbebdccac.jpg

552397da31d305fa46864a04b847d934.jpg

1c5d9b22b61ba2305996fbc5b55e9a74.jpg

380f374276bfe5bc41dca73200988bbc.jpg

009f77a280d66bed4a0fbb3def1e12e7.jpg

Reactions: Headzup, AlnSaz, Keef and 5 others
Oh and I don't know if anyone can help me out? I didn't spec the dynamic steering but it's there as an option in the MMI, is this normal for regular steering?

49da4aa94ef3a0c8365f60430785c24c.jpg

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
That's probably for steering weight/feel (it's heavier in Dynamic, lighter in Comfort / Efficiency, variable in Auto) rather than the dynamic steering: my 3L TDI has that option as well and I don't have the dynamic steering either.

That's probably for steering weight/feel (it's heavier in Dynamic, lighter in Comfort / Efficiency, variable in Auto) rather than the dynamic steering: my 3L TDI has that option as well and I don't have the dynamic steering either.

Perfect, thanks for letting me know!

Have they got that sitting in the showroom?? You don't want people sitting and touching it!

Have they got that sitting in the showroom?? You don't want people sitting and touching it!

No! He put it in a handover bay because he knew I was coming by.

Then I just parked it outside so I could drive it a bit and get some revs in with pops and crackles... Haha

Reactions: 5pot and Thundercliffe81
Yea the one you have ia the weight. You can spec variable ratio steering

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea the one you have ia the weight. You can spec variable ratio steering

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good stuff. Didn't spec any steering options so was just curious.

Hmm, I'm going to check mine in the morning, I don't recall a steering option on mine?

Great looking car btw

Hmm, I'm going to check mine in the morning, I don't recall a steering option on mine?

Great looking car btw

That's why I asked. The demo S4 had exhaust, gearbox and something else if I remember rightly. Didn't think it was steering though because it definitely didn't have the dynamic steering option included.

Stunning S4. Really suits Floret Silver. Now for a long three weeks!

Hankooks I see, thought they'd switched to conti SC6 now.
Looks like they've changed the rear number plate pads too.

Bet you can't wait to get your hands on the car!
IMG 3855

I had a look at mine earlier, there is a steering option in the individual menu, I guess it simply adds weight to the dynamic setting as I don't have the adaptive steering option.

Have a few things on the morning but I'll definitely get some up ASAP.

Only thing with the car is when I try to login to Connect so I can get google earth it says that the service isn't available. Anyone have any advice for this?

Reactions: Headzup and Thundercliffe81
Have a few things on the morning but I'll definitely get some up ASAP.

Only thing with the car is when I try to login to Connect so I can get google earth it says that the service isn't available. Anyone have any advice for this?

There are a few threads on this. It's a bit laborious at the start but link it through the phone app. I hardly ever use connect now. Signal black spots are rare and Google Earth can drop out initially.

The previously posted pics look great Daggerit.
Recently joined this forum and have a very very similar spec to yours on order - due to arrive later this month (think it was a cancelled order I managed to pick up for a seemingly good deal).
Look forward to seeing more before getting mine :)

There are a few threads on this. It's a bit laborious at the start but link it through the phone app. I hardly ever use connect now. Signal black spots are rare and Google Earth can drop out initially.

Yeah, I've followed all the steps online and have my 8 digit pin but when I try to login the car it just tells me the service is unavailable. My salesman has said it could be down to the system having so much use with it being the 1st sept but I don't know as I tried before when I went in to see the car and the same message appeared. I'll give it until Friday and then take it in if I still haven't managed.