Dan's B9 S4 Avant Thread

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As is the norm, I thought that I'd go ahead and announce my order for a new S4 that will hopefully be arriving in September since I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Very excited!

Spec is as follows:

Floret silver S4 Avant
Black interior
Adaptive suspension
Advanced key with hands free boot opening
Virtual cockpit
B&O
Black styling pack
Badge delete from the rear
Folding mirrors
Driver assistance pack - Tour
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Hill hold
Carbon inlays
Matrix lights
Privacy glass
Sports diff
Boot rail system
Rear view camera
Red callipers
Storage pack
19" S4 alloys

Hopefully should manage to get it as the new plates are released.

How long did everyone have to wait for the myAudi details so I can start being super impatient and tracking the car? Haha.

Dan

Reactions: QuattroCalum, scotty76, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Nice spec! It took me about 3 weeks to get on youraudi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's alright then, it'll save me looking at the app constantly for a few extra weeks that way... Haha.

You've done it then! Nice one @Daggerit
Mine appear on yourAudi less than a week from ordering, but I think it was an existing order number.

Hey guys,

As is the norm, I thought that I'd go ahead and announce my order for a new S4 that will hopefully be arriving in September since I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Very excited!

Spec is as follows:

Floret silver S4 Avant
Black interior
Adaptive suspension
Virtual cockpit
B&O
Black styling pack
Folding mirrors
Hill hold
Carbon inlays
Matrix lights
Privacy glass
Sports diff
Boot rail system
Rear view camera
Red callipers
Storage pack
19" S4 alloys

How long did everyone have to wait for the myAudi details so I can start being super impatient and tracking the car? Haha.

Dan

That was my second colour! Looking forward to seeing that!

You've done it then! Nice one @Daggerit
Mine appear on yourAudi less than a week from ordering, but I think it was an existing order number.

Yeah I finally went for it after I got a really good deal from my local Aberdeen dealers. They all but matched a cracking offer from one down near London and when I factored in travel they were actually cheaper.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef
That was my second colour! Looking forward to seeing that!

It was either this or Daytona... I loved my last A4 in the Daytona but fancied something a bit different and really like the slightly lighter colours with the black pack so it made sense without going for white. I'm also toying with the idea of wrapping the car soon after I take delivery to make it a bit more exciting and protect the paint so wasn't too bothered if it arrived and I ended up thinking it was a bit boring or something.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Yeah I finally went for it after I got a really good deal from my local Aberdeen dealers. They all but matched a cracking offer from one down near London and when I factored in travel they were actually cheaper.

Does tend to be much cheaper down south.

Does tend to be much cheaper down south.

Definitely. Refreshing to see that they're willing to work something out up here though. In days gone by they wouldn't budge because they really didn't need to.

Hey guys,

Spec is as follows:

Floret silver S4 Avant
Black interior
Adaptive suspension
Virtual cockpit
B&O
Black styling pack
Folding mirrors
Hill hold
Carbon inlays
Matrix lights
Privacy glass
Sports diff
Boot rail system
Rear view camera
Red callipers
Storage pack
19" S4 alloys

Dan
@Daggerit - Congrats Dan !
Great spec.& fab colour. Doesn't look like you missed much spec wise lol

@Daggerit - Congrats Dan !
Great spec.& fab colour. Doesn't look like you missed much spec wise lol

No, I think I got a bit carried away... I seemed to be able to justify everything to myself though, and that's what counts! Hahaha.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Shame the road tax on that is £1115 for the first 5 yrs !!

Confused where you got that from? £800 showroom tax and then £450 a year for the next four years isn't it?

Reactions: Daniel Gilly
Confused where you got that from? £800 showroom tax and then £450 a year for the next four years isn't it?

That's correct.. as I've signed mine today. £800 first year and £450 for the next four years..

Reactions: Daggerit
No it's £800 per yr at 171 kg/m and a supplement of £315 for the first 5 yrs which is £1115 ... then after the 5 yrs it then drops back to £800 per yr for the rest of its life .!!

No it's £800 per yr at 171 kg/m and a supplement of £315 for the first 5 yrs which is £1115 ... then after the 5 yrs it then drops back to £800 per yr for the rest of its life .!!

No, the £800 is only for the first year. Then it's subject to the £140 flat rate, plus the £310 extra because the sale price is more than £40k.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, TameAutumn, ColinM and 1 other person
51b1a02d4b300eb16b7dcb2d79d9241a.jpg
951f1e2f802574a8d44595da9d0e5c8b.jpg

So what your saying is If you had a car under 40.000 that was registered after April 1st ..that kicked out over 255 g/km you would only pay £140 from the second year onwards ??

Yup! But £2,000 for the initial tax.

I imagine the thinking is that it's really unlikely any cars that cost under £40k will be putting out that kind of emissions. The only car I can think of that would fall into that bracket off the top of my head is the 5.0 V8 Mustang...

Yup! But £2,000 for the initial tax.

I imagine the thinking is that it's really unlikely any cars that cost under £40k will be putting out that kind of emissions. The only car I can think of that would fall into that bracket off the top of my head is the 5.0 V8 Mustang...

Disgusting irrelevant tax isn't it?! How can someone leasing an S4 be in the same bracket as somebody buying a Veyron for example? Not right.

Dropped by to sign some paperwork and noticed an S5 in the showroom with the carbon inlays... I like...

61db83db0a2bb90f3437f9713e552fbf.jpg

1eec1c9a38e3a260f0dea10202320603.jpg

Reactions: 5pot, Keef and Thundercliffe81
Having looked at the configurator this morning, I imagine that I'll be in the same boat as a lot of others on here so was looking to get some advice...

The price increase on the S4 has now been added and when I spec up my car it comes to £300 more that previously. I know in the scheme of things and the overall value of the car I know it's not a lot, but I'm curious about peoples opinions/advice on what to do in terms of how much I should be paying come September.

Should I expect them to honour the price that I agreed with them when I made the original deal and put down my deposit as I've not had any warning/communication to say otherwise? Or should I go along with what I expect will happen and have them just add it to the finance agreement for when I sign it in September?

Reactions: Keef
Worth speaking to the dealer and getting it thrashed out now, rather than us speculating. My order back in Jan was 2 days prior to a price increase and was protected. But that's very different to the price increase based on MY changes. I'd just ask the dealer outright. Just to make matters worse, depending on when you car turns up, come September you'll be between Q3 & Q4 finance campaigns. Again sometimes you win, some you loose on. I was offered the choice of Q1 or Q2 deals, ended up with a hybrid!

You should be price protected you've bought on an agreed deal the dealer will suck it up with no issue

You should be price protected you've bought on an agreed deal the dealer will suck it up with no issue

That's what I'd like to think.

I have the deal in an email rather than just verbally too so I'd like to think that would cover me.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81
You should be covered plus it's not a big amount for them to trouble you. Mine is £25 :laughing:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Daggerit
Great spec & superb colour choice :yes: :sunglasses:

Wasn't sure about the colour but since seeing a few A4s with the colour and black optics pack I think I'm sold.

That said, I'm having it wrapped as soon as I collect it so it won't be floret for long. Looking at something like the matte floret on the S8.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Snake Pliskin
Wasn't sure about the colour but since seeing a few A4s with the colour and black optics pack I think I'm sold.

That said, I'm having it wrapped as soon as I collect it so it won't be floret for long. Looking at something like the matte floret on the S8.

Take my word for it mate - floret silver is superb, especially combined with lots of contrasting black.
It is certainly my fave colour so far - a very rich dark moody silver - not like the bright silvers of old.
A matt wrap sounds interesting & could be very cool :sunglasses:

Cant be cheap that?!

Cant be cheap that?!

Not particularly! Looking at about £1k... But I really like the idea of not having to worry about people brushing against the car, cats/birds climbing all over it and that sort of thing. Want to keep it looking halfway decent, minimise stone chips and things like that.

Well, after having a build date of 3rd July, the car was actually completed and out of QC then! So it's now left the factory and I imagine should be at my dealership in the next few weeks. Shame that I don't want to take delivery until the 1st September, but it means I can get plenty photos before then with any luck.

Have some 12mm spacers all round and a Milltek resonated, valved, system organised too so it should sound good once I get my hands on it. Haha.

I think the only other things I'd like to do to it is an RS grille and some lowering springs and it'll be perfect for me.

Reactions: 5pot, Dunders, Keef and 1 other person
Well, after having a build date of 3rd July, the car was actually completed and out of QC then! So it's now left the factory and I imagine should be at my dealership in the next few weeks. Shame that I don't want to take delivery until the 1st September, but it means I can get plenty photos before then with any luck.

Have some 12mm spacers all round and a Milltek resonated, valved, system organised too so it should sound good once I get my hands on it. Haha.

I think the only other things I'd like to do to it is an RS grille and some lowering springs and it'll be perfect for me.

Damn! Looking forward to seeing that!

Reactions: Daggerit and Keef
Well, I got the call today from the dealership to arrange for the collection date and time...

I don't think that I could've arranged for much earlier on the 1st Sept to be honest, I'll be there at 0800 to take delivery! I have a Dr. appointment shortly after so I'll have to go to that before taking any real photos or anything but I'll get some taken and up as soon as I'm able after that.

Unfortunately there were no interesting registration options from the ones I was given, they all ended LVC, LVS, LVG, and such like. Not very exciting so just chose one of the options and will start hinting to the wife that a private reg would be really nice for my birthday in October. :tearsofjoy:

I've been seen a lot of car transporters in the morning on my way down the A90 to work and keep stretching my neck to see if mine is on there but no joy so far. Haha.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Thundercliffe81
Strangely, went into Audi yesterday to see the car and my salesman said it wasn't on site! He hadn't had any communication to say it was on a truck or anything. Rather annoying. I know the tracker isn't 100% but surely it's a bit stupid to say it's at the dealership when it's obviously not...

Has the dealership a holding area for their new cars?

I don't know their exactly setup but it's a brand new dealership and they have a huge amount of room for the cars. He said it'll still be at the port...

Mine told me the same then found it a few hours later in there storage area....

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
Mine told me the same then found it a few hours later in there storage area....

Haha. I did ask the salesman if there's any way it could be there without him knowing and he said probably not. Obviously it's possible though!