Danny Dyer

• Danny the nob !

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Danny the legend !

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Gilly

Reaction score
the mrs has ditched me for the evening, so i am just about to settle down for the evening with a tinny and a bag of wotsits to watch Danny Dyers deadliest men

thing is, i cant decide whether or not he is a prize nob or a "top geezer"

would be interested in other peoples views on this low brow, somewhat pointless discussion

(ps, this is not some kind of memorial thread where you need to be respectful, ala "the steven gately thread", so dont hold back guys !!!

hes a f**king pussycat and when he did Barrington he said Spon street is the roughest street in Coventry...ermm nope not even on a saturday night...needs to speak to his researchers so it really makes me wonder about all the other info on hardmen.

quite a good actor but needs to branch out as its the same old same old acting roles.

enjoy your wotsits

The gezza's a Legend mate he's all over the box (tv) the flick's (film's) and all the rag's (paper's and mag's) he's one of the lad's and most of all don't let all that fame and crap get to him, ya his got plenty of dosh bunt he's not a stuck up ponce with it,
I think he is top draw like the rest of the Legend's that have made there way out of London to hit the big time... Did you know he once played in a film as a gay cadet from the Navy..

He’s a total tw@t, it’s all front and a loud mouth that spouts nothing but rubbish, wouldn’t dislike him so much if he stuck to acting, but all this football hooligan and hard man sh!t is pathetic.

I think there'll be a real North/ South divide on this one.

I can't quite decide on him, but think he's probably ok.

I saw him in an interview once and as a joke he threatened to "glass someone in their face". To his credit he straight away realised what a 'muggy' thing it was to say and, looking a little embarrassed, said he was joking.

I reckon he'd probably be an alright guy though.

I think there'll be a real North/ South divide on this one.

Think you're probably going to be right on that one.

I've noticed northerners are very opinionated about how us southerners are. Disecting our personalities and pointing out "flaws".

Whereas we just tend to laugh at northerners. :lmfao:

:whistle2:

I've seen quite a few of his films and own a few as well. Really like the guy.

I understand what Jase is saying about his films all seem to be the same, but he plays the parts very well in these sort of films so I guess he's just running with what he's good at.

So what was it like ?

thing is, i cant decide whether or not he is a prize nob or a "top geezer"

He was funny in 'Human Traffic'. Most of his recent stuff appeals to 'hard lads' who like cage fighting, football hooliganism, guns, reading nuts etc etc. I get the impression half the time he hasnt a clue what hes doing but the way he blags it is to be admired. Away from the camera Im guessing hes really down to earth, probably isnt interested in any of his work, just does it as it beats driving a van or picking in a warehouse for a living.

What he lacks in knowledge or acting skills he makes up with his enthusiasm and his mockney accent, sometimes he makes me laugh, other times I just cringe at some of the stuff he comes out with.

I'll vote 'legend' simply for his portrayal as Moff in Human Traffic as this was pretty much my life for many years :)

He as stated a many a time on TV that people have jumped to the wrong idea about him " People think i'm some sort of hard case nutter, i'm a F..king actor". The press have him branded as "Danny Dyre hard man" star's in and so on. Watch his progaram and listen and learn. Legend.

ok, cheers for the opinions guys, i have decided, being a northerner, my gut instinct was "nob" but to be fair, be jokes about being hard but only for a laugh (knowing he is soft as *****" which i admire. he regularly pussies out of stuff on deadliest men and isnt ashamed to admit when he is **** scared.

plus i had completly forgotten about human traffic, he was the lad beating off into a sock from memory.....classic

so there you go, DANNY FACKIN DYER......LEGEND

good taste in jackets i might add as well

on a lighter note....if anyone knows where danny's leather jacket (collerless one with zipped pockets as per below), is from in "deadliest men" please share,

sorted

dyer.jpg

My mate met him when working down in London he was in a club he was smashed out of his face & he said "Your ******' whatsisname oot the films?" He said "Danny Dyer mate." My mate said "Who?'' He said "Danny Dyer" My mate said "Danny Dyer? Sorry mate must be some other c**t am thinkin' of, never heard of ye!" He said he was ragin!!! :lmfao:

He plays a good part and I like a lot of the stuff hes been in.

The over egged `geeza` element is for the camera IMO.

Im sure he is a jolly decent chap.

Im voting legend, not because I think hes is a legend, just that Nob is probably less appropriate, and there isnt a `thoroughly decent chap` option.

I reckon he would be a good to go partying with.:icon_thumright:

cheers
Paul

He plays a good part and I like a lot of the stuff hes been in.

The over egged `geeza` element is for the camera IMO.

Im sure he is a jolly decent chap.

Im voting legend, not because I think hes is a legend, just that Nob is probably less appropriate, and there isnt a `thoroughly decent chap` option.

I reckon he would be a good to go partying with.:icon_thumright:

cheers
Paul

i agree there its all bravado for the camera and have enjoyed the films he does just not the tv stuff and party wise he would be a good crack. i voted nob but only cos he aint no legend.

i agree there its all bravado for the camera and have enjoyed the films he does just not the tv stuff and party wise he would be a good crack. i voted nob but only cos he aint no legend.

Good point, the Deadliest Men series wasnt great.

It made me switch off me strawbery jelly and go up the apples n pears......awight Gavnah!

ya but remeber he's banged out with "load's a money" ..... Not bad for a thick london lad. Respect is due