Dane's new RS4

Dane

Had an 8L S3, a B5 RS4 now I have a B8 S4
Reaction score
Hi chaps thought I'd introduce myself in the relevant section,

I'm Dane Im a regular over in the 8L section, I used to have an s3 and after a few hybrid turbos failing I decided to sell up and get this bad boy :eyebrows:

eac16356.jpg

However the previous owner decided that, after looking after the car really well, he'd give it to the £5 a wash people... And they ruined the paintwork, so I now have to get a heavy paint correction done :(

So today we gave it a good clean and hand polish

b2e5268a.jpg

It came out pretty well, but it's still needs a lot of work.

b5d90f55.jpg

b64e1eb7.jpg

4481ad70.jpg

2a842987.jpg

4d601fab.jpg

c11a258f.jpg

036b5216.jpg

And the noise;

Plus it's the quickest thing I've ever been in or driven, I haven't been brave enough to turn the ESP off yet... So unbelievably quick!

It's 466 brake
With 3 inch downpipes
Milltek
Uprated arbs
Black optics from factory

I haven't managed to clear the s3's space on the drive yet though ;)

Love the B5 RS4, saw one in a tesco's other day, still loved the look of it, its timeless imho, dolphin grey is the nicest, but tbh they all look nice.

Hi chaps thought I'd introduce myself in the relevant section,

I'm Dane Im a regular over in the 8L section, I used to have an s3 and after a few hybrid turbos failing I decided to sell up and get this bad boy :eyebrows:

eac16356.jpg

However the previous owner decided that, after looking after the car really well, he'd give it to the £5 a wash people... And they ruined the paintwork, so I now have to get a heavy paint correction done :(

So today we gave it a good clean and hand polish

b2e5268a.jpg

It came out pretty well, but it's still needs a lot of work.

b5d90f55.jpg

b64e1eb7.jpg

4481ad70.jpg

2a842987.jpg

4d601fab.jpg

c11a258f.jpg

036b5216.jpg

And the noise;

Plus it's the quickest thing I've ever been in or driven, I haven't been brave enough to turn the ESP off yet... So unbelievably quick!

It's 466 brake
With 3 inch downpipes
Milltek
Uprated arbs
Black optics from factory

I haven't managed to clear the s3's space on the drive yet though ;)

Awesome car mate congrats!

car looks really well. Let the modding begin lol

Has it has any suspension work like arb's etc? Things like that transform the car no end.

The b5 only came in a small number of colours such as, Avus silver, black, misano red, imola yellow, nogaro blue, and there are a few audi collection colours knocking about, dolphin is an s3 colour

Its got H&R antiroll bars and a miltek etc.

couple more pics courtesy of Mark and Fran, Thanks guys!
:)

390100_135803826523218_100002808030519_115678_209827036_n.jpg

380467_184115538338896_100002213524385_423803_1114901969_n.jpg

clutch change next week,

B7 Rs4 brakes on the way.
KW V3 on the way soon.
new rear tyres needed v soon LOLS

cheers bud, fancy some big brakes?

After meeting up with Prawny and his newly K04 hybrid a3 track car

7ad41722.jpg

d7a402d9.jpg

8dab1a57.jpg

I decided the old girl needed a good clean!

So after 5-6 Hours this is how she turned out

How both of the exhaust tips looked before

8472d170.jpg

How they looked half way through

3af229e5.jpg

And finally, you can actually see the Milltek signs now!

GOPR0118.jpg

The light wasnt to good as it was about to rain but as you can see its alot better.

GOPR0147.jpg

GOPR0146.jpg

GOPR0137.jpg

GOPR0138.jpg

GOPR0131.jpg

GOPR0130.jpg

GOPR0133.jpg

GOPR0129.jpg

And my favourite reflection shot

GOPR0121.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome really, not bad for an 11 year old car :)

Oh yes and I got my B7 8 pots fitted!

bce8505f.jpg

GOPR0126-1.jpg

A couple of the above pictures with better light

GOPR0147-1.jpg

GOPR0146-1.jpg

GOPR0133-1.jpg

GOPR0130-1.jpg

Looking good!

Those brakes will be a massive step forward from the b5 stuff, im just glad i never had to drive my rs4 with the original brakes lol

Thanks dude!
Yeah the pedals a bit soft but thats a master cylinder thing, trying to push all those extra pistons.

they are very good though, a lot more confidence inspiring.

Yeah all the b7 brakes fitted to the b5 have that same pedal feel, its not great but they do work when pushed.

I changed my fluid to ate racing blue and it has helped it a little but its still soft, next stage is the new loba discs with a bigger master cylinder etc hopefully that will slow me down more, if not then on to cermaics!

Yeah all the b7 brakes fitted to the b5 have that same pedal feel, its not great but they do work when pushed.

I changed my fluid to ate racing blue and it has helped it a little but its still soft, next stage is the new loba discs with a bigger master cylinder etc hopefully that will slow me down more, if not then on to cermaics!

Ive got new Motul RBF 660 in it now which seems pretty good, the pads that came with it had loads of meat on so I didnt change them at this point but Ill change them to ferodo DS2500 in due time. That combo worked well on the s3.

I'm ok with a bit of a softer bite for now as they're a big improvement once you've started braking.

Going to try and do an airfield day soon to try them out properly. :eyebrows:

an air field day will really put them to the test lol

I can already smell the burning brakes lol

an air field day will really put them to the test lol

I can already smell the burning brakes lol

Hehe :eyebrows: Can't be any worse than driving round coombe at ADI with standard B5 items.... that was interesting.... lol

Itll just be good to learn more about the cars characteristics

seriously? i'd never even dream about going round there on standard brakes lol mad man lol

The b7's will allow you to push the car that bit more and see what it can really do!

Yeah i didnt have a lot of pedal left even after 15 mins. lol I didnt really overtake anyone as a result.

It accelerates and gains speed so quickly that the brakes are so important for fast driving, your doing above a tonne in no time.

That doesnt surprise me, what does is they lasted 15 minutes lol

I know what you mean, my car does 100-200kph in around 6 seconds and sails to 180+ without breaking sweat so it can be scary when the brakes are not up to the job, if im honest my b7's dont really deal with the power my car chucks at them but they will do for now.

You going to ADI this year? I've been the past 2 years and its a great event, hopefully i will be brave enough to track mine lol thats if i've not blown it up before lol

Yeah I saw you mention something about 625 bhp on SRS :eyebrows: thats a whole different world to mine and I can imagine its the limit of the b7's. have you done anything like rods etc for that power level? I need to change my miltek dp's to 3 inch jobbies but thats as much power as I need... for now. :)

Ill be at ADI for sure, its only down the road :) I have been for two years too in the s3 and last year in the RS4 Mr Jon Murgie got a good photo of mine on the ASN stand. Big old drive for you though.

​The car is looking awesome Dane. Glad your enjoying it.

It sure does, you can tell that you put a lot of hard work into it. Makes it worthwhile. You missing the 8L?

It sure does, you can tell that you put a lot of hard work into it. Makes it worthwhile. You missing the 8L?

Running costs wise yes but its really very fast :eyebrows:

Yeah I saw you mention something about 625 bhp on SRS :eyebrows: thats a whole different world to mine and I can imagine its the limit of the b7's. have you done anything like rods etc for that power level? I need to change my miltek dp's to 3 inch jobbies but thats as much power as I need... for now. :)

Ill be at ADI for sure, its only down the road :) I have been for two years too in the s3 and last year in the RS4 Mr Jon Murgie got a good photo of mine on the ASN stand. Big old drive for you though.

Kept standard rods due to costs involved, but the heads are large port 2.4's with standard rs4 valves, cams etc they were only changed due to haveing a small crack on each head or i'd not have bothered changing. Its a shame its got 625bhp as its been mapped really safe, its got everything to hit the 700 mark but the rods are the limiting factor so they are near the top of the to do list when the funds allow.

Going for the 3" dp's is a worth while route to go down, they sound great and you should see 460bhp+ which is ideal and saves you going mad with the cheque book lol

I've never bumped into you there, im sure if you go this year we will either see each other on track or notice the cars. Jon does take a decent picture but is really strict when it comes to reposting them lol Yeah it is a fair old drive but i enjoy the drive as much as the day, we have always bumped into some fast cars so we can have a play to pass the time lol i've not been beaten yet! lol

So I sorted out my 'Essex boy' Rear lights today.

The previous owner had tinted the rear lights, by hand, with a brush!!!

When we started the lights looked like this:

530fe6ca.jpg

Passenger side

8ad23506.jpg

Drivers side

49a4e013.jpg

A close up of the brush strokes in the 'tint'

7bd93426.jpg

These had been bugging my for sometime so after reading through some headlight refresh threads, we hit the lights with 1200 grit wet and dry then 2000 then different grades of wolfs polish on a DA, with these:

3805cd42.jpg

We taped the passenger side and hit that first.

9b106f3e.jpg

65abdbdd.jpg

Which finished up like this:

3aaff9ee.jpg

25fe7034.jpg

And so to the other side

e596cf4d.jpg

The car was filthly so we gave it a quick clean

SNOW FOAM!

5cefd27a.jpg

bf1d5ef9.jpg

And the finished, clean, item

c8e7673b.jpg

5b1c9a00.jpg

6db330f6.jpg

And a quick comparison between old and new

530fe6ca.jpg

8d54866f.jpg

Im pretty chuffed with the results really look alot cleaner I think, much more me.

6db330f6.jpg

And a quick comparison between old and new

530fe6ca.jpg

8d54866f.jpg

Im pretty chuffed with the results really look alot cleaner I think, much more me.

Looks much better mate, a lot less 'My car is well Bad Mad innit' (as much as an Rs4 could be)

And nice to see the trusty steed still sneaking in to the pictures..

Thanks bud, its alot more clean and subtle now.

About time... looks good mate... machine polish ftw... :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

Looks great dane! The rear looks alot better now! And those brakes... phowarr!

My friend, pictured, it's a nurburgring edition too, lush buckets that I want! Lol

seen your post from standard B5.
v nice motor, rear lights looks miles better.
The black surround on the grille is fine i would have chrome/satin rings
Just my opinion ,