Damp passenger footwell...

milli

Reaction score
As we had a bit of bad weather and when i cleaned my car i have noticed that the passenger footwell has been getting damp. I did have a search for this problem and realised it is more than likely the scuttle panel, today i have been out there, took it all apart, cleaned and put back together. But it appears now i have been left with a slight bigger gap then started and water still leaks onto the pollen filter. As i wasnt entirely sure what i was doing is there anyone local to birmingham way that does know what there doing or has fixed this problem before?

I've had to have a windscreen replaced because of this problem in the past - it was done under warranty as auto-glass fitted it wonky.

My current car I just cleaned the groove that the scuttle panel clicks into and it's been fine.

Are you clicking the panel back in place properly? It needs a bit of a push in places.

Liam

Do you have to take the the groove bit on that clips onto the window also and clean that out? Did push the scuttle panel back, but it just kept leaving a slight gap.

Had a bit of rain last night and still leaks, if not a little worse now. I think im going to bight the bullet and order a new scuttle panel from audi as mine will not stay fixed to the window at all!

Do you have to take the the groove bit on that clips onto the window also and clean that out? Did push the scuttle panel back, but it just kept leaving a slight gap.

I just cleaned the groove, I don't think you can 'remove' it as it's bonded in with the windscreen. There's a little bit of a gap.

Had a bit of rain last night and still leaks, if not a little worse now. I think im going to bight the bullet and order a new scuttle panel from audi as mine will not stay fixed to the window at all!

Maybe that will work, good luck.

Liam