Damp/Leak into Drivers footwell, Help Needed!!!!

Diesel Quattro

Reaction score
Help Needed please,

my footwell is adamo and its not from wet feet going in and out.

i am not sure where to start??

any common problems people know of??

would something as simple as the vin number plastic breaking, would the water go down there i.e. have a path to get to the footwell??

thanking you

aaron

2001 a3 tdi Quattro

if the black scuttle panel that has the window in it for the vin number doesnt clip into the bottom of the windscreen properly on the passenger side then the water can go in there and down through the pollen filter and into the passenger footwell

Ali

Hmm, thankyou. well this is the Drivers footwell and i have no idea where to start looking??

do the heater matrixs leak?? anyone got any experinence of their driver footwell??

any help would be appreciated

aaron

Hmm me too!? Has it got something to do with drivers side lower corner of windscreen not fitting properly allowing rain water to leak in behind the dash and into the foot well?

I have this problem, I'm thinking its getting in via a grommet/bung somewhere along the scuttle panel, ill be looking for the source of the leak this weekend! Been dry in the drivers footwell all week, started hammering down today and the wet patch appears! Definitely rain water!

Reactions: Pubemammal
I have this problem, I'm thinking its getting in via a grommet/bung somewhere along the scuttle panel, ill be looking for the source of the leak this weekend! Been dry in the drivers footwell all week, started hammering down today and the wet patch appears! Definitely rain water!

Let me know how you get on :)

I had this problem a while ago. Ended up being a missing gromet from previous owners stereo install on the scuttle panel by the passenger side inner arch

i had a wet driver side footwell, mine turned out to be the grommet where the bonnet release cable runs though had split letting water run in.

i had a wet driver side footwell, mine turned out to be the grommet where the bonnet release cable runs though had split letting water run in.

Bonnet release cable grommet is common, also the black plastic cover in the plenum chamber under scuttle often leaks, especially if aftermarket cruise control has been fitted, they rarely seem to seal properly after being disturbed.

Sunroof drains and drains in the bottom of the door also worth checking.

Oh Gosh I've experienced same issue, I am not mechanical minded at all and would need some recommendations to reliable garage. My Drivers Foot well is soaking when raining. I am in SW London someone who knows what they are doing.
Thanks

Reactions: Pubemammal
Bonnet release cable grommet is common, also the black plastic cover in the plenum chamber under scuttle often leaks, especially if aftermarket cruise control has been fitted, they rarely seem to seal properly after being disturbed.

Sunroof drains and drains in the bottom of the door also worth checking.

The drains at the bottom of the doors? Can you elaborate? If they are blocked, how do you unblock them (successfully)? Or is it just a case of keep on checking and unblocking? I'm assuming my doors are the blame as they are rusty and I have a damp drivers' footwell. The OSR door is the same but no damp in the back.