damn speeding ticket!

Vikz

Reaction score
Anyone managed to get there speeding ticket cancelled? What excuse did you come up with?

or have you heard any excuses that work?

thanks

unless you know mr loophole - you may have to pay!!

Assuming that you can't remember if it was you driving, I think you're best asking for the photos so you can confirm who was.

Yeah ask for pic, if your with someone you could say you can't remember who was driving. Also if its just over the speed limit you can ask for a larger fine and no points. You will have to go on a course but you don't get points on your licence.

Unlucky mate

garratt83 said:
Yeah ask for pic, if your with someone you could say you can't remember who was driving. Also if its just over the speed limit you can ask for a larger fine and no points. You will have to go on a course but you don't get points on your licence.

Unlucky mate
That's not true. I got done for doing 45 in a 40, and you get away with 10% for their equipment being out and your speedo being out. I wasn't able to pay more and take a course to avoid the points, and I don't think it gets any more 'just over' than 1 mph!

Back when i had my 318 BM i got done 42 in a 40 limit by an undercover saab.

3 POINTS £60

Jason

No way i was getting out of it i said my sister was ill but he said doctors not e and maybe he'd let me off....

The no points option is if you're caught doing less than 40 in a 30. You get one offer of this and it's only if you get stopped by a mobile camera.

confusionhunter said:

The best advice on this page so far.
Do not lie about not knowing who was driving etc because if you get caught you will be done perjury and the penalty for that is much more than 3 points and a fine. The only way you would get away with this is if you can prove that you have done everything possible to identify the driver.
Go onto the link above and try using the PACE statement, which is based on the idea of giving them the information they require (ie who was driving the car at the time) without incriminating the driver.
Have you actually received the NIP (notice of intended prosecution)?

yeah i got the NIP the other day.

i don't have a problem with paying the £60 it's the 3 points i don't want!