Damages whilst parked

itsmeagain

1.8T Sport Cabriolet
Reaction score
Today my car got hit by another motorist who managed to damage my drivers side wing, bumper and headlight. Only good thing about it was that he left his contact details on my windscreen. There was me thinking everyone was dishonest. Lol
Any ideas how much OEM Audi replacement parts will cost? Will need a wing, possible bumper and headlight. Then a trip to the body shop. Don't know whether to claim via insurance, third party claim company or cash deal to fix it. I am fully comp so don't really care either way.

Insurance mate. He could say cash, fob you off for a few days and then just deny all knowledge. I'm sure that if you then try and report it your insurance company won't want to know. Better to be safe than sorry.

Massive result for him leaving his details, thats rare in this day and age.

I second the insurance route though, if you opt for cash then inevitably he'll "Have a mate" who can spray it etc, and it's all downhill from there really...

Sorry to hear about your car, my faith in human beings has been restored by the honest driver that left his details, thats such a rare occurence these days. As above, go through your insurance company. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

had the same damage done to mine cost £2500 to fix about 8 months ago

Happened to me when a friend of a neighbour was visiting and smacked the side of my parked car and did not own up until we challenged the neighbour about it .We were both insured by the same Co so the process was straightforward and I even had a free new hire car for a few weeks .No financial loss as it was not my fault but the car wasnt the same and it took a lot of time and running around .Dont do a cah deal unless its good money and you only have an old banger that one more dent wont hurt

Got an estimate done today, £1285.00, getting it done via a well established claim company. Should have a hire car tomoz with any luck. Then my car will be back to normal asap.

As James said, great result if they left their details.
This day and age, everyone is scared of premiums rising / loosing no claims.etc - but there still are some honest people.

I was left £600 out of pocket a few years ago when someone did the same to me but didn't leave any details (I didn't claim through my insurance as I didn't want my premium to rise!)

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car, result that the third part left his details and good luck with the repair work.

Cars booked in later today to get the work done. Just gotta see what replacement hire car they give me. Lol

You never know, my wife's car got damaged recently and we had the use of an ML that was only a couple of months old, sort of took away the nusiance of it all really. You can be very suprised with what you get sometimes.

glad its getting fixed mate id have ratherd the golf when mine was being fixed instead got lumberd with a c class merc ;-)

Mine was recently dented by someone driving into a parking space at the local supermarket and he wanted to pay in cash, as he was a local microwave services repair man, with his company details on his shirt etc. I took him for his word, he even gave me his card.

The dent was small but the repair bill was £525 inc VAT. This included a courtesy car, insurance for the courtesy car and insurance excess waiver fee for the car.

I phoned him and told him how much the repair bill was, next day he turned up with £550 in cash and covered my fuel for the 10 mile trip to get the quote.

When I got the car back, the following day he turned up and handed me another £35 to cover any fuel I had to put into the courtesy car.

Mine was a result. :yes: