Damaged RS5.

Rustyrs5

Reaction score
Hi All,
i was hoping for some help/advice.
Ive just bought a damaged Audi RS5.
car is not too badly damaged and is certainly fixable.
My biggest concern is that it’s not starting. When I trying to start I get one clunk coming from the starter and then nothing.
I’ve put a new battery in it as the original was toast and not holding a charge.
The pyro fuse has been checked and is ok.
I done an initial diagnostic check and found P3054 Starter does not turn -mechanically blocked or electrical malfunction.
Before I look at ripping out the starter has anyone had any experience with this same issue and got any hints or tips on what to try.

thanks in advance

Looks like I’m gonna need to get busy and start stripping off a fair amount of parts to even get to see the starter never mind getting it out.
Seemingly Audi drop the engine and transmission to get to it But I’ve found a post detailing a process of doing it without dropping them.

Looks like I’m gonna need to get busy and start stripping off a fair amount of parts to even get to see the starter never mind getting it out.
Seemingly Audi drop the engine and transmission to get to it But I’ve found a post detailing a process of doing it without dropping them.

keep us posted! sounds interesting [mention]Rustyrs5 [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Finally got the engine and gearbox pulled out to get to the starter, which was a nightmare. The procedure for removing the starter on an RS5 is different to the S5. The engine and transmission do need to be dropped as you need to remove the RH exhaust manifold, Engine mount & bracket and the alternator.

I Removed the starter and bench tested and starter found to be OK.
I inspected the teeth of the flywheel/driveplate and the starter and found no damage at all.
Tried to rotate the crankshaft but it still would not budge, not even a little movement either way.
The spark plugs were already removed and bore and pistons had been inspected with bore scope but found no damage at all.
I even removed the oil to check condition and everything is OK.

Im kind of stumped as to what to try next.
Since there doesnt seem to be any visible damage to the engine and that there is absolutely no movement in the crank my thinking is that the problem lies within the clutch or transmission.
Before I started stripping the car I could select Neutral and move the car so I dont think its anything to do with the actual gears within the gearbox.
My thinking is to try and spit the engine and transmission but the problem is that with the engine not turning I cannot release the bolts holding the clutch module to the engine driveplate.

Does anyone know that if I remove the LH inner driveshaft (the one that goes through the bellhousing linking the LH drive shaft to the FInal drive), will I be able to pull the transmission back leaving the front part of the clutch module in place?

Any help or advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated.

PS its a 2013 RS5 with 4.2 and NGZ/MKW semi auto transmission

Mr spammer
Сайты-мошенники и нечестные брокеры доставляют огромные проблемы многим пользователям интернета. Именно поэтому мы занимаемся проверкой сайтов на scam и брокеров на честность.

Мы проводим тщательные исследования для того, чтобы определить идут ли бизнесы законно и честно. Многие интернет-компании пытаются обмануть пользователями и украсть их личные данные и финансы. А ложные обещания о быстрой и выгодной прибыли большинство новичков просто манят в ловушку.

Мы оцениваем множество факторов при проверке сайтов на scam, чтобы убедиться в их законности и защите данных. Анализируем проверки SSL, информацию о компании, отзывы клиентов и т.д.

В случае с брокерами мы проводим более детальную проверку. Мы изучаем брокерскую компанию, рекомендации клиентов, программное обеспечение и услуги. Только после того как убедимся в честности, мы можем рекомендовать пользователей к такому брокеру.

Также, мы объективно оцениваем каждого брокера на прозрачность, доступность и профессионализм. Нашей целью является убедиться в том, что люди имеют возможность выбрать лучшего брокера, который предложит доступные услуги, вполне подходящие для их целей.

Мы даем рекомендации о сервисах конкретным брокерам и помогаем пользователям выбрать наиболее подходящий вариант для их бизнеса. В итоге, наша главная задача - обеспечить защиту обычных пользователей и предотвратить мошеннические практики в интернете.

Hi, Finally got the engine and gearbox pulled out to get to the starter, which was a nightmare. The procedure for removing the starter on an RS5 is different to the S5. The engine and transmission do need to be dropped as you need to remove the RH exhaust manifold, Engine mount & bracket and the alternator.

I Removed the starter and bench tested and starter found to be OK.
I inspected the teeth of the flywheel/driveplate and the starter and found no damage at all.
Tried to rotate the crankshaft but it still would not budge, not even a little movement either way.
The spark plugs were already removed and bore and pistons had been inspected with bore scope but found no damage at all.
I even removed the oil to check condition and everything is OK.

Im kind of stumped as to what to try next.
Since there doesnt seem to be any visible damage to the engine and that there is absolutely no movement in the crank my thinking is that the problem lies within the clutch or transmission.
Before I started stripping the car I could select Neutral and move the car so I dont think its anything to do with the actual gears within the gearbox.
My thinking is to try and spit the engine and transmission but the problem is that with the engine not turning I cannot release the bolts holding the clutch module to the engine driveplate.

Does anyone know that if I remove the LH inner driveshaft (the one that goes through the bellhousing linking the LH drive shaft to the FInal drive), will I be able to pull the transmission back leaving the front part of the clutch module in place?

Any help or advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated.

PS its a 2013 RS5 with 4.2 and NGZ/MKW semi auto transmission

That all sounds like a bent Con-rod preventing the engine turning over. Personally I would look to strip the whole engine to check. If you do manage to spin the crank goodness knows the damage you may cause.