Damaged centre console help!

Jiggsy Jnr

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

Audi A3 8V
S-Line
Stronic

I need a little advice if possible. I accidentally last summer left a car air-freshener hanging around my centre console. The sunshine has caused the solvent on the air-freshener to somehow warp and damage the plastic veneer that has now shrivelled and split causing the spiderweb type cracking.

Can someone advise me on the best also cheapest appropriate action ? mechanically it all works just fine its just purely cosmetic. I have done a lot of searching but cant really find an answer.

I am due to hand back my car to the finance company soon and know they like to take note of any damage before singing it off. Would the finance company charge me for this type of damage?

Thanks for any support

Attachments

• Car damage.jpg
    Car damage.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 379
  • damage 2.jpg
    damage 2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 371
From the pic i wouldnt of thought you couldnt repair it would be a case of replacing the whole trim part if it a part that can be or if its one piece centre console as for when you hand it back ive never had a car that ive handed back but know people who have as seems hit and miss with what ones says is ware and tear depends how long you have had the car etc i guess.
Also saw this 372496535478 ebay again
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After a quick look it seem it may be one part
123602204194 ebay

Last edited:
Might be cheaper to remove and get it wrapped?

Either that or a piece of black tape and cross your fingers the inspectors doesn’t notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the replies folks.

I have considered getting a part form ebay but the prices vary wildly and then I'd still have to fit it and I'm crap when it comes to that type thing.

Plasti Dip seems viable just need to find a decent place locally. The old sticker trick had crossed my mind but i think it would be too obvious!

Reactions: BarryG79
Good afternoon all,

Audi A3 8V
S-Line
Stronic

I need a little advice if possible. I accidentally last summer left a car air-freshener hanging around my centre console. The sunshine has caused the solvent on the air-freshener to somehow warp and damage the plastic veneer that has now shrivelled and split causing the spiderweb type cracking.

Can someone advise me on the best also cheapest appropriate action ? mechanically it all works just fine its just purely cosmetic. I have done a lot of searching but cant really find an answer.

I am due to hand back my car to the finance company soon and know they like to take note of any damage before singing it off. Would the finance company charge me for this type of damage?

Thanks for any support

Hardest thing is going to be the colour/texture matching.

You could try something like a sharpie matt black permanent marker pen to cover the spider web bit.

Failing that,

I would buy a sample A4 sheet of matt black vinyl wrap. Get a surgical scalpel, hairdryer and cut around the whole bottom section.

Then hand the car back when it goes dark, late afternoon..

Reactions: Jiggsy Jnr
Just colour it in with a black Sharpie and plead ignorance if they spot it. The charges for these kind of things are much less than you think.

Reactions: Jiggsy Jnr