DAing a Phantom Black A3

MadA3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My phantom black A3 is just over 3 years old now and is getting quite swirly. I'm thinking of a clay and machine polish. I've heard Audi paint is particularly hard and difficult to correct. Came across this kit on Polished Bliss:

PB Hard Paint Polishing Kit | Machine Polishing Kit For Cars With Hard Paint

I was interested in getting it with the Meg's G220 DA polisher.

Anyone had any experience with this particular DA and whether it will be worth investing in? I would love to rotary it but I'm worried I'll mess it up.

The Megs DA is a good bit of kit.
You could also look at the DAS-6 machine. It's a little cheaper and will do the job just as we'll.
Below is a good kit with the Megs microfibre pads which will suit the Audi paint nicely. Remember though, always start with the lowest abrasion combination, as you never know, all paints are different and you might be able to correct it without resorting to the strongest pad/compound.

DAS-6 - Meguiars DA Microfiber System - Clean Your Car

Fantastic thanks for that. That kit looks brilliant, I'll give it a go. I'll try the lowest combo first. Hopefully the suns going to stay out now! I'm quite excited to do this now. Just wish the car drove better (stronic problems), but hey as long as it looks good ;)

Beautiful appreciate that a lot mate. I will check out the guides tomorrow!

Will certainly post up results! I'm hoping I get some free time soon!

Thanks again.

I have the megs g220 v2 and its a solid piece of kit. Im very happy with it and recommend it. However having showed a friend how to use his das-6 i'd say both are more than capable of doing the job.

Thanks for the replies guys those results look fantastic. I had a long chat with the sales team of clean your car and they assured me the DAS6 would be adequate.

I've ordered one and once I get some time I'll get cracking and post up some results. In the mean time the car is off the dealers for a while for stronic issues!