DAB settings

number3

Reaction score
question for anybody that has the DAB radio in there car,

When i tick the reduced menu for the DAB view on the screen, i get a little "i" that comes up in a box on the screen
but get no additional station information or station text.

My last car that had DAB you had scolling information,track names etc, that appeared for the tuned station?

Am i missing a setting somewhere?

Cheers

Mark

If you find out, let me know. I get the same thing and wondered why. I presumed it was because the stations here don't bother broadcasting this info but, if you say you've had it in another car, that can't be it.

Morning Vertigo I think you might be part right with regards to our stations over here not sending out the full info.

Had another quick play before work, and if you are in the full menu for the tuned station, the menu that’s shows
Tuned station at the top little DAB icon, then a row of icons under for tuning forward and back etc, one of those is slide show
Which I believe reading the book is meant to show artwork sent via digital signal to the head unit, well that was greyed out on radio
One and stated not available, but on the left was an information icon and when you clicked that, station text comes up, dj name, song name etc.

So it seems it is there in some shape and form, but it’s how to view it on the reduced menu?

Mark.

It may need some adaptions in the mmi to allow displaying this data.

Coming into work today and playing with the radio , was tuned to capital, and as I neared London the slide show option on the dab popped up , then graphics for the station , then album art for the song that was playing :)

if you want the station text you have to leave it on that setting within station guide!

mark

Interesting! Was this with the reduced display enabled?

Not sure what you mean by the second bit.

Interesting! Was this with the reduced display enabled?

Not sure what you mean by the second bit.

Yes that's with the reduced display enabled!

second part, when you're in the full menu for the station, and you have station details at the top then under that icons for scan to next station , the info button, slide show button etc, if you click the info button , the station details come up, who's DJ'ing , song title , station email address, well leaving it on that was the only way I found to get that info to display, couldn't find anyway of displaying it in the reduced menu !

Strangely the one station I would have thought would show the "slide show" art work would have been radio 1, capital and xfm seemed to be the only two once I got into London , ( with reduce display enabled )

mark

after a quick google:

XFM
Capital
Heart 106.2

All are slideshow compatible.!!

Any others found post them here!

Looks like Capital is the only DAB station showing full slide show art as below, all the others seem to be only showing station logo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 797
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 748
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg