DAB retrofit instructions and parts

David HB

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been given a DAB module to fit in my 2010 A6 Avant 2.7 le mans aline quattro. I believe its a 4F. I so want to fit an AMI socket as it isnt fitted in the glovebox. I have an mmi 3G high with bose. It has the DVD with sd card unit and a multi changer in the glove box. I assuming the DAB mounts in the rear between the radio unit and bose amp. What cables do I need? Where do they connect and are there any changes need software wise. I have an OBDEleven to make changes if required. The part number I have is 4E0 035 563. My software version is HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: c16rkc
The 4E0035563 is a 2G part number and you have 3G. You need to replace the radio module with a DAB version, then get component protect (CP) removed and correct code the radio module. You also need the wiring harness & antenna modules. To remove CP you need to visit an Audi dealer or find a 3rd party with access to a fully license version of ODIS.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Touar...-Radio-Unit-Receiver-4G0035061J/114082265179?

Reactions: c16rkc and David HB
Thanks for this. With regards to am antenna is there one you would recommend? And do I need an amplifier???
I'm assuming I just need to get the CP removed and the rest is plug and play right??

No not plug and play, the radio is also an amplifier for cars with the basic sound system, if the unit you buy comes from a car with or without Bose then the radio modules amplifier will either be enabled or disabled. This will need to be correctly coded otherwise you won’t get any sound. I can only recommend the Audi antenna, not sure a 3rd party one would even work. Also note antenna module is different for the saloon/Avant models. Unfortunately it’s not a simple retrofit.

ok i've gotten my hands on the right unit and CP is removed. Just need to get the antenna and amp. thanks for the help