DAB Reception issue

IGM

Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick question, I am having an odd issue with the DAB reception

on BBC stations its crystal clear but on most of the national stations i listen i to get a static/crackle at certain noise frequencies and its pretty distracting

The car has been to the dealer today and they have tried an MMI update but its still the same, now having to wait on Audi HQ for what to try next

anyone had anything similar ?

Cheers

I had a similar problem with mine and noticed that when I turned on the heated rear screen I would usually lose reception completely. Turned out to be the rear screen antenna and was solved by a replacement screen. Luckily this was covered under warranty

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, was yours a saloon too ?

I have noticed that my rear window isn't clearing properly so it could very well be related, My car is still under warranty and should hopefully be booked in within a couple of weeks to get it looked at

I have noticed that my rear window isn't clearing properly so it could very well be related, My car is still under warranty and should hopefully be booked in within a couple of weeks to get it looked at
As long as it's under the original and not a used approved warranty then it's covered.

yeah i am covered till July on the manufacturer even thou i bought it as used approved in December

I bought mine used approved when the car was 3 years old. Luckily for me the original owner took out a 4 year warranty which was came in useful for a few issuses that wouldn't have been covered under the used approved.

Hope you get it sorted.

So its been in this week and I'm being told its normal, they are saying 3 other cars they have tested do the same, funny how the loan A7 and S3 work perfectly, I now have to go and demo it to them this lunch time as i dont think they know what the issue really is

Could anyone verify if they get any static type noise (Like a blown speaker) when they listen to talk sport

Not me - perfect reception in Leeds - drove the car from Crawley home with TS on - no issues then either

Well i spent over an hour with a master tech who now agrees its not clear, says he has to go back to technical so lets keep our fingers crossed for a resolution

We did do back to back testing with another A6 and that was crystal clear, i really do hope they sort this as i bore of the bbc radio stations lol

Good luck - hope that you get sorted.

Reactions: IGM
I had a similar problem with mine and noticed that when I turned on the heated rear screen I would usually lose reception completely. Turned out to be the rear screen antenna and was solved by a replacement screen. Luckily this was covered under warranty

Hi there, The dealer are having trouble getting technical to do much about it, would you mind sharing your reg so they can see if your problem is related ?

Also if there is anyone with a pre facelift DAB in Milton Keynes i would be grateful if you could get in touch and if i could have a listen to yours ?

Thanks

Hi
Just got my car back from the second dealer today, same issue as others have had, the DAB radio signal lost when the heated rear window is on. The car is not a year old yet. My local dealer (Dealer 1) blamed it on a tow bar I had fitted, saying the fitter must have done something with the wiring. Visit 2 to them, they blamed it on the camera plug I had in the 12v socket to power it. They said it was interfering with the radio signal. When I pointed out there was also a section of the window not demisting as well (which I had told them several times) they then said it was damage and not covered by warranty.
I had it in yesterday to dealer 2, they called me later same day and said it was a rear screen fault and they would order a new one under warranty. Guess which dealer will be getting all my service work in future.

FYI, Dealer 1 tried to tell me that my car needed a major service at 18,000 miles and 9 moths old when I booked it in. I had to query this at the service desk on arrival and then they tried to blame me. They said I must have given them the wrong mileage when booking it in. Glad I didn't pay for a full service when they charged £94.00 for 4.2L of engine oil... No wonder they get called Main Stealers.

thanks for the reply, my signal does not go its just crackly on certain stations, I do have an issue with Slow demisting but they are saying as its working its fine even thou its very slow,

Technical are saying its normal but im saying its not good enough, the dealer are also unhappy about the reception issue and have comiled everything to send to them in the hope they will actually let them try and do something to fix it

Hi there, The dealer are having trouble getting technical to do much about it, would you mind sharing your reg so they can see if your problem is related ?
PM sent

right guys seems there is an inherant fault on all Audi's with the DAB system, Pre facelift with Tech pack if im right will all be effected, Thgey still use the system in the A5 (not thew new one)

If anyone has a few mins to check for me but if you have a pre facelift with tech pack and DAB would you be able to check the receptopn on talk sport, kiss and kisstory and let me know if you are experiencing any static type distortion, its not constant just at certain point of a sonf or people talk and seems to be from volume 12 to 14 up

Thanks in advance

right guys seems there is an inherant fault on all Audi's with the DAB system, Pre facelift with Tech pack if im right will all be effected, Thgey still use the system in the A5 (not thew new one)

If anyone has a few mins to check for me but if you have a pre facelift with tech pack and DAB would you be able to check the receptopn on talk sport, kiss and kisstory and let me know if you are experiencing any static type distortion, its not constant just at certain point of a sonf or people talk and seems to be from volume 12 to 14 up

Thanks in advance

I have a pre facelift with tech pack. I always listen to kisstory and kissfresh. Never ever had distortion, but it does go off for a minute if it loses signal.

Must admit, I have never had distortion on any DAB station, just on or off depending on signal.

A7 uses a different DAB system from what i understand, but if you wouldn't mind and PM me your reg i would like to do some research on it

Even better if you have the build list for you car with all the 3 digit codes

A7 uses a different DAB system from what i understand, but if you wouldn't mind and PM me your reg i would like to do some research on it

Even better if you have the build list for you car with all the 3 digit codes

Hi.

Reg is B13 DCH.

I'm afraid I don't have the codes, but the sheet I have says......

bc2c4fbbd412fdc8edfb3ea7f6e41a1f.jpg

Thanks Danny will let you know tomorrow what I find out if you like, you wouldn't be anywhere near milton keynes by any chance ?

Thanks Danny will let you know tomorrow what I find out if you like, you wouldn't be anywhere near milton keynes by any chance ?

Hi buddy,

I'd love to hear your findings.

No, I'm on the outskirts of Birmingham.

so did some digging and you do indeed have the same unit, but then i found a pre facelift A7 sitting on the forecourt and tried that, it had the same issue, the up side is Audi seem to be taking it a bit more seriously now

I'm also having DAB issues on my facelift S7 with MMI High + Tech Pack Advance.

At completely random times, l can only turn the volume down when listening to DAB? Doing my head in....

Dealer refuses to diagnose it....because l have my own subwoofer fitted. YouTube clip below showing the issue (towards end of clip) :help:

I'm also having DAB issues on my facelift S7 with MMI High + Tech Pack Advance.

At completely random times, l can only turn the volume down when listening to DAB? Doing my head in....

Dealer refuses to diagnose it....because l have my own subwoofer fitted. YouTube clip below showing the issue (towards end of clip) :help:

Do you have any sort of USB device plugged into the 12v socket, if so try it without it connected

Reactions: RAF_S7
Do you have any sort of USB device plugged into the 12v socket, if so try it without it connected

So I did have a USB charger plugged in. Removed that today, and still have the same issue. Volume up locked out, and the only way back is to power down the MMI, then power back on.

How weird, I would look at removing the sub and seeing if they will look at it then

Is anyone else able to check there pre facelift car with DAB for me please as this is still going one, the dealership tested a few cars on the lot and found all with the same module to be suffering with the issue