DAB Headunit

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
I want a DAB in the b7 and basically I need it in layman's terms what I need to get or better yet someone selling one? I have the symphony HU car has BOSE speakers as well not sure what other details are needed?

I know I'm going to need a wiring kit for the aftermarket HU, I've looked before and got bored after 20 minutes of looking at 50 different kinds so basically just want to know what's needed so I can buy it.

Thank you.

Full or half bose Ricky?
Wiring kit will depend on HU choice and whats your budget.

Apple car play is brilliant, i love it on my Alpine.:yahoo:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Full or half bose Ricky?
Wiring kit will depend on HU choice and whats your budget.
Assuming you mean i have the BOSE logo on all speakers then yes i shhould have full bose the sound is pretty amazing for a stock car so id be surprised if it wasn't.

yep, good choice, just get the correct fitting kit and facsia surround and you'll be good to go.
So i do need to buy a fasica and wiring kit along with that stereo then?

just a connects2 fitting kit for the B7 ,it will have all you need , if you want a different fascia than comes with the kit then add that into the mix.
Possibly a DAB arial if the HU doesn't come with one.

just a connects2 fitting kit for the B7 ,it will have all you need , if you want a different fascia than comes with the kit then add that into the mix.
Possibly a DAB arial if the HU doesn't come with one.
Do you have a link to the Connects2 fitting kit that you used?

If that headunit comes with a fascia ill just use that one, I'm not looking to spend more money on top its not exactly cheap as it is lol

fascia are not expensive Ricky, but you'll be looking at between £70 and £90 for a fitting kit .

Just noticed that a fitting kit is included so that makes things very straight forward.:icon thumright:

Just noticed that a fitting kit is included so that makes things very straight forward.:icon thumright:
Yeah I thought it was included I just wasn't sure before I went ahead and got it, I have messaged them to confirm everything's included, also looks like it has the DAB antenna in there to stick to the window so I think maybe just maybe I've finally found one to go in with no issues :) Thanks Rob

good to go then ricky.
What i would say is that I didn't use that type of DAB antenna, just didn't fancy pullin all the trim of to fit it , went with something else much easier and just as discrete.

pretty sure i went with this one, and the cable just tucked nicely in behind the trim without removing anything.

Upload 2020 10 27 21 32 46

Quick update i heard back from the seller and apparently its plug and play but something needs minor wiring to work the full amplified bose? wtf does that mean this is why i gave up last time, i mean how hard is it to by a wiring kit and a stereo, never known so many issues.

there is a wiring link that needs to be cut depending on what HU is being fitted, very easy to do as kit has full instructions.
otherwise it all just plugs into the existing qaudlock interface etc, easy as that Ricky.

there is a wiring link that needs to be cut depending on what HU is being fitted, very easy to do as kit has full instructions.
otherwise it all just plugs into the existing qaudlock interface etc, easy as that Ricky.
Right ok maybe that's what they meant then Rob he said something about a curtain wire depending on if its full or half bose i said its full that's when they replied saying ok yes its plug and play just a minor wiring, at which point i switched off as that's not plug and play to me lol but if your saying its normal then ill order one up i think.