DAB aerial and open sky sunroof

bigchewie

Reaction score
Needing some advice and experiences if anyone has them, Planning on fitting a DAB module, and have been looing at aerial options, I have a sharkfin, for phone kit, and thinking I could switch that for a DAB one but not yet seen one I like the look of. Most common type seems to be one that stick to windscreen. What I am thinking is if I can get one with a long enough cable, stick it to the underside of the rear open sky sunroof (the one that doesn't move) I have never drove about with the sunshade open on the rear one and I was thinking it would save it being stuck on the windscreen affecting my happiness. Has anyone done this and if so how was the reception? comparable to windscreen mount?

Cheers in advance
Calum

Needing some advice and experiences if anyone has them, Planning on fitting a DAB module, and have been looing at aerial options, I have a sharkfin, for phone kit, and thinking I could switch that for a DAB one but not yet seen one I like the look of. Most common type seems to be one that stick to windscreen. What I am thinking is if I can get one with a long enough cable, stick it to the underside of the rear open sky sunroof (the one that doesn't move) I have never drove about with the sunshade open on the rear one and I was thinking it would save it being stuck on the windscreen affecting my happiness. Has anyone done this and if so how was the reception? comparable to windscreen mount?

Cheers in advance
Calum
Would research DAB coverage in your most travelled areas before splashing out. National coverage is very patchy. I've DAB in my car and there are great swathes of the South West where the signal simply comes and goes like an on/off switch. Even down the M5 through most of Devon and between Bristol and Gloucester.

Have good DAB reception in my locallity, don't own an FM radio in the house anymore, haven't for the past 7years. Cheers for the advice though