1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D3s bulb warning light

linford-quattro Oct 29, 2018

1. linford-quattro

linford-quattro Member

I replaced the d3s bulb due to wanting to change the colour temp. They was only cheap ones off ebay!

Within a day or two right side bulb error is showing BUT the bulb is still lit.

The error doesnt come come on if the lights are off. Which is wierd, only a minute or so after turning them on

Today however the right side error came on, ignored it (getting used to it) but then the bulb went out!quickly turned them on/off and it lit up and stayed on.

Anyone any thoughts, guessing its a case off cheap $hite I know leds require resistors but were talking about the d3s bulbs here

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I am assuming wrong section based on your avatar and D3S reference as 8L Xenon's are D2S

<tuffty/>

4. linford-quattro

linford-quattro Member

that is correct I have an a5.....I wasn't sure which bulbs the a3 used for factory xenons so posted in here too.