D3S bulb failure

Jbradford97

One of my D3S headlight bulbs works for the first 2 to 3mins each time I start the car, then stops working

Is this consistent with a bulb failure, or is there likely to be something else wrong?
Ideally I don't want to spend £100 on a new bulb to find it's not the issue.

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Swap the bulbs around. If you see the fault follows the bulb, here’s your answer.

Bulbs should be replaced in pairs and they fall into MOT check, if not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Thanks, and the heads up on the MOT
I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of that
Sometimes those silly and simple things We overlook and forgot about. It's the serious faults We always think they are. LOL

Tosh26

70f4225dcd4ac6e9652973aedbb10d26.jpg

Had the same problem with mine mate. Would turn on for a short time then go out. When it was on it was a dull purple/pink colour. Read somewhere online that it had used all of the xenon gas in the bulb. Replaced the bulb and all was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Radford212

My passenger side bulb has just died. I’ve got xenon’s so are my bulbs DS3’s? I’m not too clued up on this

GjrBartlett

Enter your reg in to a decent Lighting website (Autobulbsdirect.co.uk) & that will tell you what you need.

Alternatively contact Trups (Site Sponsor - EM Tuning) & he'll see you right.

Radford212

Enter your reg in to a decent Lighting website (Autobulbsdirect.co.uk) & that will tell you what you need.

Alternatively contact Trups (Site Sponsor - EM Tuning) & he'll see you right.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Couldn’t believe it when it went yesterday. Last thing I need this week lol.