d3s bulb error

linford-quattro

Reaction score
so last week i put in some new d3s bulbs. Just wanted to change the color temp. They were only cheap ones of ebay, been fine for a couple of days.

two nights ago on the way to work, right dipped bulb error message comes up (i had them on with it been dark) pulled over, they were both still on. Got to work, error was still on and bulbs were still working.

turn the car off and drive with them off and theres no error. However turn them on within a minute or so the error will show up.

is it because there not genuine so will require coding, or are they that naff that there already on there way out.
just a little puzzled as to why the error isn't on all the time. only when they get turned on.

cheap ebay led bulbs I know you need to add a resister to trick the system in order to not get the error codes, no idea about normal xenon bulbs like yours though, i suspect you hit the nail on the head and getting genuine ones would resolve it, so expensive though! maybe search on here to see where people bought theirs online as there have been posts about people paying £50 for copy ones online and they never complained about errors.

Yeah @Meemo like you say its expected with leds requring resistors (which ive already done for the number plate} but the d3s bulbs wtf.

Whats puzzling me is the error shows but the bulb is still lit.... Saying that though, on the way home today i saw my reflection on the rear of a car and noticed the bulb had gone out! turned them off then back on, it stayed on all the way home.

Sure ive seen somewhere people using a brand name called 'lunex' there pretty cheap. Might waste more money and try them

if they are going out intermitently but are plugged in firmly, i would contact the seller and tell them they are faulty, and confirm it isnt the car as the bulb it replaced was in fact fine, you just wanted a brighter light.
should be able to return and get your money back by the sounds of it :)

Easier said then done lol. For sake of £20 odd probs just get another pair. Id check its firmly in but im pretty sure it is and wouldve thought surely it wouldnt be on at all if not......

Also dont fancy checking because the air box was a sod to get out! Lol

Might ask on the a3 section see if anyone has had similar issues

Well i told them i was going to leave them back feedback for wasting my time and selling garbage. They seem pretty confident that swopping right to left will solve this. Not going to have time to test untill the weekend as removing the air box took the ****

well swapping the working side to the non working sides bulb will fix the non working side but not a dodgy bulb lol good luck

Lol they said its to see if its the bulb thats faulty or the ballast. The cheeky gets trying to reckon i have a faulty ballast all of a sudden?

That makes more sense as to why they said to do that then, it sounded like they suggested it would fix it.

Im not even going to bother, obvs its the bulb as everything was fine untill i put these in

Reactions: Meemo