D2s bulbs. Which one is the best

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
ok so I need to replace one of my xenon bulbs so obvious I'm going to do the two however im unsure which ones to buy so im looking for opinions.

A lot of people saying 4300k are the best for light but I think 5000k would look better

I want the brightest bulbs possible but also I want them to look white (a contradiction I know)

Opinions please, and I don't mind paying for them. The eBay crap I've bought in the past are rubbish

They look pretty good. I see a few sellers in eBay selling them. Some cheaper than others. Is there a likelihood that some could be counterfeit ?

The best ones are the ones from emtuning. Forum sponsor. Good price and great service

Morimoto 5500k, 2 year warranty, £40+postage

Last edited:
EM Tuning also do an awesome interior LED pack to brighten up the interior. Why not treat the interior to a New Year spruce up also!

Just go and buy some standard ones from TPS. Faffing about trying to tell the difference between 4300 and 5000k is pointless.

The bulbs are about 25quid each from TPS, and you know your getting the real deal not some counterfeit junk.

Philips makes best D2S.

4300K if you want absolute best lightning.
5000K if you want pure white color.

Remember it's the price of bulb that sets how long it will last and how intensely it will burn. Aftermarket ones are nice and cheap but don't last nearly as long the oem ones.

You seems to want Philips 85122XV 5000K with 55W ballasts.
Now that will give you really amazing white light.

I decided to go with the morimoto 5500k. I'll report back once I install them

Reactions: superkarl