D2S Bulb in Essex

Russ

Reaction score
My Right side Xenon has blown and it needs a new bulb. Anybody know where I can pick up a 4.3k D2S for a good price in Essex? I hate waiting for things I've ordered online!

Cheak your fuse....The bulbs **shouldnt** go. I have a Phillips bulb still that i bought online and then found out it was a fuse :banghead:
What price were you looking to pay?

Ah ok, will swap the bulbs over and check it out.

From what I've seen the Philips bulbs are around £50 each. Cheapest I've seen was £30 for a pair of unspecified brand

Ahh right...Are you talking about the gas bulbs? The cheapest i found my Phillips one for was just over £100. :(

I assume they're gas bulbs, don't really know to be honest. £100 a bulb is just mad!

could be the ballast also - if you leave the switch on for 15-20 secs and then turn on and off does it fire up?

The cheapest place is online, if you need a D2S bulb straight away the only place you can really get them from is dealerships, and it can be anything between £80 to upwards of £100 for a bulb. I had a set of unbranded ones in my R32, both S3's and A4 and they didn't give me any problems at all. Got them for £30 so the difference in price was well worth the extra day or two I had to wait until it arrived.

Try aceparts.com or have a look at these bad boys on their eBay shop. They are 5000k colour temp and if you buy now you might be able to get them tomorrow morning.

The cheapest place is online, if you need a D2S bulb straight away the only place you can really get them from is dealerships, and it can be anything between £80 to upwards of £100 for a bulb. I had a set of unbranded ones in my R32, both S3's and A4 and they didn't give me any problems at all. Got them for £30 so the difference in price was well worth the extra day or two I had to wait until it arrived.

Try aceparts.com.

second that - i have £30 e-bay jobbies which are fine.

****** hope it's not the ballast although based on the threads on here it's quite common. Will check it all out tonight methinks. Here's hoping it's just a fuse!

Well though I'd swap the bulbs but after taking off the back cover for the headlight the cable for the Xenon came straight off the bulb as well. Unfortunately it also doesn't lock back on and the entire inside of the light moves back and forth. The bulb works though :)

Either the inside fitting has somehow slipped off of the adjuster or it's broken. Means that the wheels and bumper have to come of this weekend so that I can take out the light and take a better look at the headlight. Ingenious design there...

Joys of owning a car hey?

The headlights aren't very robust, and my drivers side headlight casing is also loose which can affect beam pattern. I'd be interested to see whether you manage to sort out the loose headlight fitting, because it's a pain in the **** to fix.

Had a look today and found the problem

Headlight-vi.jpg

see where the central unit has come off of the adjustment runners. Took off the motor unit (I think) and pulled it on with some needlenose pliers, not sure how long it's going to hold on for.

Looks like someone has had it apart before, hopefully avoided getting a new headlight for a while though

whats the difference between the bulb and the ballast guys? what are the original bulbs K temp wise?

whats the difference between the bulb and the ballast guys? what are the original bulbs K temp wise?

I don't know why you've posted this in this thread rather than in the new one you created?

The ballast is the igniter which enables the HID's to power up, and is tucked away underneath the headlight behind the front bumper. I'm sure you know what a bulb is! The original bulbs are Philips 4300k's, but they tend to colourshift to a slightly higher temp after a few years.