D1S Ballast??

jrgibb

Reaction score
Website
www.type72.com
B7 S4 - Left low bean warning, turn ignition on, start car, turn lights on - lights are on fine, left light flickers, on, then few seconds later flickers again then goes out and stays out - Ballast???

Thanks J

i'd say bulb mate, had some that did this on my old type r, it was the bulb on that ? probs not much gas left in the bulb

Thanks - hope so, will grab one tomorrow - it's passenger side which I understand is the easier of the two to get to. Know nothing about these lights, being used to old type bulbs just assumed blown is blown didn't realise these can have intermittent issues

buy a pair and change them both mate, or they will be different colour's, as the bulbs get older they get pinkish in colour, so you'll need both or you'll have one white and one pink lol

How intermittent can these bulbs be in terms of their going off?? This morning, it was fine for about 10 mins, then when out, turned the lights off, stopped the car which was turned off and then about 15 mins later turned them off for the 5 min drive to the office and it was fine??!! Possible dry join on the connector?? Yesterday when it was flickering and going off quickly the car was at temp and been on a long run

I know it will be a massive PITA, but try swapping the bulbs over to see if the fault carries over to the other side.

Then you should be able to see if it's the bulb or ballast.

My did the same. Sometimes it was good some times not. I swapped the bulbs for new osrams. No issues from then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a similar problem, but light goes out but very quickly comes on again.
Agree with the point of buying both lights, but if it still happens with new bulbs, it's the ballast.

£££££££££'s for a new one, I bet!