Cylinder Head Stuck?

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Hi all,

I have all but removed my cylinder head today (BAM 225) but when I try lifting/wiggling it off, the corner next to the turbo is stuck under a bracket. It apears to be an exhaust manifold bolt that is stuck, the bracket looks like its held on by an allen bolt but I cant get to it.

Ideas? Thanks.

Stuart B

do you have a picture I took my AMK off and the only thing in the middle of the engine are the coolant hoses and a small bracket holding the loom for the coils. I found it very difficult to try and remove with the bolts still in the holes, even undone, and the manifold is heavy.

I thought the heat shield was somehow connected but it isn't. There is a turbo support bracket but assuming you have a standard manifold it is just joined to the turbo with those 3 bolts.

Tom93

Bear in mind also its quite heavy and it will be sort of "stuck" down because of the gasket...

Stuart B

"Turbo oil feed line bolts to the head in that corner"

Is this just a clamp as I'm petty sure I don't have anything on my AMK like that? the braided turbo oil feed lines travel along that line under a section of the heat shield - but the only bolts I undid were the two coolant flange 8mm allen bolts and the coil loom 10mm bolt, it is heavy and hooked under the solid fuel pipe.

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Was an oil line, managed to get to the allen bolt with ball ended allen key.. I hadn't loosened the turbo support bracket which is why it was in the way I think