Cylcists That Don't Know The Highway Code!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
So whilst driving into town minding my own business, the left lane is a bus lane, and I'm in the right lane and I'm following this black Vauxhaull Vectra, who suddenly veers to on coming traffic which shocked me, then I realised he was over taking a cyclist! Now between my lane and the bus lane is a solid white line that the cyclist was riding on, she thought she was not allowed into the bus lane, so I had to over take her against oncoming traffic aswell.

Not a problem I thought, then there's a red light up ahead, and approx. 50m from the lights, the bus lane ends, so me and said Vectra filter into the left lane like we're suppose to. The cyclist managed to catch us up at this point, still riding straight down the middle, between all the cars, and she pulls up along the side of the Vectra, who happens to be at the front of the queue and starts banging on his window! It was a hard whack aswell, I could hear from inside my car! The guy in the Vectra was obviously shocked and opened the door instead of a window, and the cyclist decided to hurl a load of abuse to this poor guy, telling him he's entered the F'ing bus lane! :D

Never was I so glad to be second in the queue at this point! haha, the lights went green, and the right lane of traffic started to move, but I was stuck with nowhere to go! I was really tempted to blare my horn, like a long stab at it, but I didn't want this woman to bang on my windows, but after a few more secs, the guy finally had enough, slammed his door closed and wheelspan away... who can blame him.
Me, I was stuck behind this woman for another 1/4 of a mile before I had the opportunity to overtake her.

Crazy sh!t or what?!

So whilst driving into town minding my own business, the left lane is a bus lane, and I'm in the right lane and I'm following this black Vauxhaull Vectra, who suddenly veers to on coming traffic which shocked me, then I realised he was over taking a cyclist! Now between my lane and the bus lane is a solid white line that the cyclist was riding on, she thought she was not allowed into the bus lane, so I had to over take her against oncoming traffic aswell.

Not a problem I thought, then there's a red light up ahead, and approx. 50m from the lights, the bus lane ends, so me and said Vectra filter into the left lane like we're suppose to. The cyclist managed to catch us up at this point, still riding straight down the middle, between all the cars, and she pulls up along the side of the Vectra, who happens to be at the front of the queue and starts banging on his window! It was a hard whack aswell, I could hear from inside my car! The guy in the Vectra was obviously shocked and opened the door instead of a window, and the cyclist decided to hurl a load of abuse to this poor guy, telling him he's entered the F'ing bus lane! :D

Never was I so glad to be second in the queue at this point! haha, the lights went green, and the right lane of traffic started to move, but I was stuck with nowhere to go! I was really tempted to blare my horn, like a long stab at it, but I didn't want this woman to bang on my windows, but after a few more secs, the guy finally had enough, slammed his door closed and wheelspan away... who can blame him.
Me, I was stuck behind this woman for another 1/4 of a mile before I had the opportunity to overtake her.

Crazy sh!t or what?!
:jump: Some crazy people out there!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Think its anything on 2 wheels to be honest.

Most I see seem to follow a different highway code lol

Agree, We have a bunch of road works where I live at the moment with average speed camera, and as they are front facing camera the bikes just hammer through them with plenty of undertaking...

I feel your pain Jo, I had the same recently in London, some dude on his motorbike, weaving in and out, then when i get into where im meant to be, he pulls up next to me and taps my window, i put it down and he says thanks alot mate!!!

I just laughed, looked at him and said not probs mate, it was my pleasure....lol!!!

He didnt like that and started swearing, i just put the window back up as the little one was in the back.

Riding like a d1ck and then having a go at me for it.....on yer bike mate!!!

Reactions: jojo
The ones to watch have GoPro's on them,they just cannot wait to get home and upload a video of a car coming within ten feet of them.
Part of the reason I haven't got a camera in my car as I'd probably be doing the same.

Reactions: Arrkon